Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
Caravans and Winebago's should be banned full stop. If you cant travell at the speed limit with one then hand your licence in. I hate them with a passion.
But it's a sound driving strategy Stu. It conserves fuel so they can still boot it to 120 when the overtaking lane starts.

Camo6 said:
But it's a sound driving strategy Stu. It conserves fuel so they can still boot it to 120 when the overtaking lane starts.
Aargghh....I hate khans that do that. Im going to start taking a carton of eggs with me and throw them at there windscreens. It forces them to pull over cause it smears the windscreen when they use the wipers. F#ck em.

Haha! I better watch out for you cause I've sold my onsite van for a pop-up camper. I'm upgrading the 80 series petrol to a turbo diesel too so I can spool er up when I get to the 'Overtaking lane in 300M' sign!

@BribieG - I wanted a troopy, but couldn't find a troopy for the right price, so instead of a troopy I went with another 80 series which is like a troopy but a little bit less troopy. Still, ya gotta love the troopy!

I'm usually a perfectly calm person. I am not quick to anger. I am a peaceful, tree hugging hippy. Make love... not war. But you know what really, really f'n shits me to tears? Dogs. I hate them. Actually... that's not quite true... What I really hate is small dogs. Little yappy bastards. Actually, even that isn't quite true. What I really really hate is my next door neighbour's dogs. She has about 15 of the f'n things in a backyard the size of a postage stamp. The little bastards bark and howl all f'n day and all f'n night. When I really think about it, its not even the dogs I hate. Its her. I really hate my next door neighbour. I have never met anyone who has less consideration for others than her. She works at doggie rescue, which is all very admirable but all the ones they can't re-house, you know... the ones with the bad personalities or severe behavioural problems, like, oh I dunno... compulsive barking for example. She brings home. She loves it when they "sing to her", dozy, selfish, stupid &^%$#(*@#()*&@$*&%.

Don't even get me started on our council. Can't do a thing. No one else complains. Main reason being that her other neighbours are grey nomads and are home for about 2 weeks a year and the old lady up the back is 98 and deaf as a post. They tell me there is absolutely nothing they can do.

The only reason I haven't thrown poisoned meat over the fence is that it would rob me of the satisfaction of completely snapping one day, leaping the fence and strangling the little fuckers with my bare hands.

If anyone out there has a .22 and wants to make my problem go away, they might find themselves richer by several cases of whatever I brew next.

Or run over them with a Troopy. Whatever.

Peace brother. Guns are not the answer. Flowers are. Big beautiful hop flowers dipped in butter and thrown gaily in the air ( albeit mainly in your neighbours general direction).

Hops dipped in rich dark chocolate. Thrown from a Troopy.

I feel your pain Airghead....had an ex with 3 furry oxygen theifs. Went to 2 when my Staffy had enough of one of them and bit its head off. I still secretly smile about that day.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Went to 2 when my Staffy had enough of one of them and bit its head off.
Can I borrow your staffy?

Edit; You can bring it down in your troopy.

Reminds me of a story told to me by a bloke I worked with.
This fella was pissed off with his neighbours barking dog, he knocked on their door and asked them to do the right thing etc,etc.
Was told to **** off, he walked back to his ,grabbed his rifle walked back to his neighbours knocked on the door and when the door was answered held up the rifle and asked, do you want to do it,or should I .
Problem solved.
This happened way back when, FFS,do not try it nowadays .
Cheers...spog...

Airgead! I could have written that. The only diff being the reason poison meat hasn't gone over the fence is I am her only neighbour. Unfortunately councils can do sfa about it. I've tried. I feel your pain brother. PLUS my neighbour has 5 or 6 wandering cats, ducks chickens birds Noah's fuckin arc crashed here. Mental problems too which makes her even harder to deal with.

The other thing pissing me off right now is that there is no way there are 48 hours in a weekend.

People walking on shared cycling/walking tracks. Completely oblivious even though they're aware people are cycling. Somehow taking up both sides of the track even though there's only two of them. Don't acknowledge the bell even though you ring it about twenty times and start from about 50m away. Then abuse you when you ride past them through the small gap that's left. Seriously, just die already.

Dark chocolate apparently contains a compound that is metabolic poison to dogs, that's why they no longer use those old choc doggie treats in dog training. Of course you didn't know that, you were just giving the dear little woofers a nice treat to settle them down as they were clearly hungry, which is why they were barking. Apparently dark bakers chocolate is the worst (or best).
How about getting a silent dog whistle and annoying the feck out of them until they have total mental breakdowns?

Edit: or investigate "focussed sound beam " playing loud gangsta rap in the evening that rattles her windows and doors but isn't too obvious to other residents. If you really want to give it to the little feckers get a mosquito alarm and get it modded to sound off at 120 decibels.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito

Somehow one of them breaks through palings and a firecracker lands in her backyard.

Feel bad for the dogs but....

Actually a constant, amplified group of simultaneous pitches that only they can hear - perhaps with a good bit of phase shifting thrown in - would likely be pretty intolerable for them. Perhaps choose, say, the first, second and fourth of the scale. Might not even come outside anymore.

Airgead said:
I'm usually a perfectly calm person. I am not quick to anger. I am a peaceful, tree hugging hippy. Make love... not war. But you know what really, really f'n shits me to tears? Dogs. I hate them. Actually... that's not quite true... What I really hate is small dogs. Little yappy bastards. Actually, even that isn't quite true. What I really really hate is my next door neighbour's dogs. She has about 15 of the f'n things in a backyard the size of a postage stamp. The little bastards bark and howl all f'n day and all f'n night. When I really think about it, its not even the dogs I hate. Its her. I really hate my next door neighbour. I have never met anyone who has less consideration for others than her. She works at doggie rescue, which is all very admirable but all the ones they can't re-house, you know... the ones with the bad personalities or severe behavioural problems, like, oh I dunno... compulsive barking for example. She brings home. She loves it when they "sing to her", dozy, selfish, stupid &^%$#(*@#()*&@$*&%.

Don't even get me started on our council. Can't do a thing. No one else complains. Main reason being that her other neighbours are grey nomads and are home for about 2 weeks a year and the old lady up the back is 98 and deaf as a post. They tell me there is absolutely nothing they can do.

The only reason I haven't thrown poisoned meat over the fence is that it would rob me of the satisfaction of completely snapping one day, leaping the fence and strangling the little fuckers with my bare hands.

If anyone out there has a .22 and wants to make my problem go away, they might find themselves richer by several cases of whatever I brew next.

Or run over them with a Troopy. Whatever.
Check with the council and see what the restrictions are on the number of dogs allowed on a domestic premise, it might be different where you are but here you are not allowed more than 3 dogs, maybe they could cull the herd for you.

Talking of mosquito alarms, I was in Taree this morning in at Big W and had completely forgotten about a feature of the Taree Central shopping Mall, remembered this thread and had a giggle.
The foyer of the centre at Manning Street used to be a favourite gathering place for our fine local Biripi people - and long am I grateful to be welcomed to their country.

However they would block the entrance, make it a bit uncomfortable using the ATMs and generally hang around, coincidentally just over the street from the BWS so they could see what bros were emerging with a brown paper bag.

So the management installed loudspeakers right at the entrance, and they play a really great selection of Chopin piano Nocturnes, Mozart and Beethoven. Loudly. Problem solved.

:ph34r:

Bribie G said:
So the management installed loudspeakers right at the entrance, and they play a really great selection of Chopin piano Nocturnes, Mozart and Beethoven. Loudly. Problem solved.

:ph34r:
Was that the versions that they have released on "didgereedoo"

I luv those tunes done on that. :lol: :ph34r:

Bribie G said:
I remember they did that at Hamburg central train station back in 1998 to get rid of the hundreds of junkies who were freely trading and injecting in everyone's view.

Did not only annoy the junkies but also many other travellers.

Hmnnnnnn. I've often wondered why Coles etc play dorky music in their stores... This above explains it all.

Back