Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
images (1).jpg

If your doctor starts talking about TUNA i do not think you will be laughing.

NBN, again.
finally since March, three rsps, and as many tio cases which by the way was pointless, three tech visits, letter to local MP, whingepool posts, AUSNogs posts, and finally a complaint to NBN directly - who would have thought that would work.
Got a call from NBN, proabaly @Ducatiboy stu ;) yes a real call, explained situation to bloke... oh i reckon the NOC has the incorrect details of the NTD, can you send us the deets plz.

what the actual ****.

Last tech swapped the NTD out for another unit. Still didn't synch.

Anyway feels like there is light at the end of the flakey gougy $$$(four) G tunnel.
Or my NBN nightmare is FINALLY starting - that'd be a laugh...

Would not be the first time I have had to deal with the wrong NTD at the wrong address

NBN make you jump thru heaps of hoops

nice to have a phone call though, i must say. maybe i should have just pm'd you and had it sorted like six months ago...
laughing about it now.

They're putting it in around my area in December apparently. I don't really want it after hearing all the problems...do we have to accept it or can we choose not to be connected to it?

@Ducatiboy stu can correct me.
once you are NBN ready you are not allowed to purchase anything else sound like a game you may have played with fake cash?
you keep existing services for 18 months or less if optus, if you wish then "default" to an NBN service.
Recommend you hold current service and run nbn in parallel, will cost a bit for a month or two but at least you will have service.

HFC NBN is the major issue due to telstra /optus asshatery and NTD issues like mine...

They're putting it in around my area in December apparently. I don't really want it after hearing all the problems...do we have to accept it or can we choose not to be connected to it?

What sort of NBN are you getting in your area? We got FTTN a while back and it was the most painless internet changeover I have ever experienced. We were with Telstra for ADSL and they automatically sent us out an NBN ready modem. It was already configured and after a certain date we just had to plug it in to initiate the changeover to NBN. We put it off as my wife works from home and we were trying to figure out when to do it so that any extended disruption didn't cause her problems. Telstra were actually ringing us to ask why we hadn't done it. anyway, when we eventually did it, was very smooth changeover, the new modem kept working on ADSL, we received a message about when the service would changeover to NBN, service disrupted for less than an hour, the tech came and took a photo of our medem as proof it was working on NBN and away we go.

No choice for us. If you don't change over the copper phone system eventually gets turned off and we would have nothing.

I had it a couple of years back in melb's inner North and it compared badly to 56 k dialup. Had the hardware installed here months ago and I know I need to make the switch but I'm procrastinating. Maybe somehow Glenorchy will shit on North Carlton.

Back