Conicle Fermenter Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozbrewer

im ozzing flab
Reaction score
Im talking to a few places in the USA about bringing in some conicle fermenters, at this stage it will cost about $300 AUD landed to my place, however the more we can order the cheeper it will be, They will not have any fittings or stands, that will need to be done by the end user, this keeps a heap of the shipping cost down. Im thinking 12 gallon........

Any one interested let me know ASAP so i can get it all started, I think we will need to get atleast 15 to make the cost worth while

I would bee keen it will be interesting how much the price would come down for fifteen

Keep in mind that for imports over the value of $1000 (this includes the goods, freight and insurance) you will have to pay import duty. This could very quickly eat into any cost savings of a bulk purchase. So at $300 eac landed, you would only be able to bring in 3 at a time before duty was due.

However if the supplier is happy to sell a bulk order and seperate out the delivery of 3 each to one person at one address, it might work out.

Cheers
MAH

I have factored in Import Duty and GST

The price is a approximate and still to be confirmed

I'd be in on this (just between you and me bigfella :))

Im talking to a few places in the USA about bringing in some conicle fermenters, at this stage it will cost about $300 AUD landed to my place, however the more we can order the cheeper it will be, They will not have any fittings or stands, that will need to be done by the end user, this keeps a heap of the shipping cost down. Im thinking 12 gallon........

Any one interested let me know ASAP so i can get it all started, I think we will need to get atleast 15 to make the cost worth while

yes ime interested in one

brian

Depending on the timing, I would be in for justification as a birthday or xmas present. 12 Gallon sounds perfect.

Beers,
Doc

I am interested depending on details and timing. 12 gallons is good.

Jayson,
I'm interested.
12 gall = 45 ltrs is a good size but I will need a bit more info to make sure it fits in my fridge.
BTW I can get a 60 ltr plastic one in there now.

:beerbang:

Luke

I could be interested, but want to know some more details such as:
- stainless or plastic?
- dimensions?
- what fittings are required?
- access in top for cleaning? size?
- how sealed?

Thanks

Crozdog

I don't want to be jumping the gun here and putting out the wrong information, but it sounds like it might be a bulk buy from Toledo metal spinning on the 12 gallon stainless hoppers? Would that be right Oz?

If that is the case Crozdog all you will be getting is the stainless hopper (as he states no stand or fittings) but it may include a lid possibly.

Of course you have to confirm this and all details with Ozbrewer but that might be some information to wet your appetite. Certainly sounds like it might be anyway.

Not for me at this stage however.

Cheers, Justin

I could be interested, but want to know some more details such as:
- stainless or plastic?
- dimensions?
- what fittings are required?
- access in top for cleaning? size?
- how sealed?

Thanks

Crozdog
they will be stailess

all fittings will be required

top will be a lid

the are just going to be the cone and a lid, every thing else will need to be done by the end user, if you want one finished ready to go try G&Grape

Right now i dont know the dimentions, all im concerned about is trying to get some one to supply them

Actually to be 100% honest, I dont want to know if People....may Be interested....or could be interested....I want to know who IS interested in getting a conicle, Its not worth me waisting my time and Money once again if its a dud mission

I don't want to be jumping the gun here and putting out the wrong information, but it sounds like it might be a bulk buy from Toledo metal spinning on the 12 gallon stainless hoppers? Would that be right Oz?

If that is the case Crozdog all you will be getting is the stainless hopper (as he states no stand or fittings) but it may include a lid possibly.

Of course you have to confirm this and all details with Ozbrewer but that might be some information to wet your appetite. Certainly sounds like it might be anyway.

Not for me at this stage however.

Cheers, Justin

I have approched Toledo and about 13 other spinners/wholesalers, but im unsure of your point?

I understand that fittings would need to be provided (such as ball valves etc), but would holes etc be pre-drilled, or do we need to be drilling SS ourselves?

Just curious, as it might make a difference to who's interested in the end.

Cheers and thanks for the effort ozbrewer

I have approched Toledo and about 13 other spinners/wholesalers, but im unsure of your point?

I'm not trying to make any point at all. I was mearly trying to give Crozdog some idea of what you were trying to achieve-ie. that being a bare bones conical fermenter that you finish off yourself.

It wasn't important that you may or may not have been getting the hoppers from Toledo but I was mearly implying to Crozdog that people have been building conicals from Toledo conical hoppers and to provide him with some of the information to go out and research on what is required to finish these off.

It's your party, but I was just filling in some info for Croz until you were able to come back with the rest of the information.

Best of luck with it.

Justin

they will be blank, compleatly blank, just the cone and the lid, its all about keeping the price down

Sounds very interesting ozbrewer but at this stage i cant commit due to a looming interstate move.

Cheers
Big D

Has anybody thought of contacting a local manufacturer with the prospect of an order of 15 Conicals??

Latest posts

Back