Computer Question. Backup Programs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prawned

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have just recently lost my old laptop to a beer spill, but i was smart enough to do a backup of all important files a few months before so i wont have lost too much. But the problem is i cannot remember what program i used to back all my files up. I have been trying to search for a way to fix this but my internet is capped so it is taking forever! Any help would be awesome.

Cheers
Ricky

Hey guys,

I have just recently lost my old laptop to a beer spill, but i was smart enough to do a backup of all important files a few months before so i wont have lost too much. But the problem is i cannot remember what program i used to back all my files up. I have been trying to search for a way to fix this but my internet is capped so it is taking forever! Any help would be awesome.

Cheers
Ricky

Tough question, there are so many :(

I use what came with Nero, I have it scheduled to back up my computer to a network drive I have attached to my router 10:30am every Saturday.

Norton Ghost?

tell me teh backup file name and i'll tell you what it belongs to :)

The hard drive should still be OK......just wack it in your new lappy....

The hard drive was shot, pretty much everything was. when we got the quote for insurance the damage came out to around $3600 maybe more if the tech missed something. The files where .bac (first entry) followed by .b01 .b02 etc. I finally downloaded the right program last night when the internet got uncapped and i couldnt sleep at 1am this morning, it was backup plus or some rubbish. Now i have a copy of the install file on the portable hard drive :)

Latest posts

Back