• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Complete setup FS - Picobrew, kegerator, etc.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schrodinger

Reaction score
[Edit: SOLD!]

I'm moving to the US and can't take this stuff with me. Here's the list:

[price when new] item

[2800] Picobrew Zymatic (including 1 corny keg, all parts and a few spares), new 07/15, used <1 yr
[500] Kegerator with 3 taps and digital temp control (Pinnacle; 4 yrs old, used 2.5 years)
[195] 3 more corny kegs ($65 each)
[200] CO2 tank
[95] better CO2 regulator (Micromatic) than the one that came with the kegerator
[100] 2 copper immersion chillers (~8-9 m each)
[80] 40-L aluminium kettle with lid and tap hole
[25] stainless 3-piece kettle tap (can be disassembled for sanitation)
[80] high temp pump (16 L/min), which I used for a Jamil-o-chiller
[50] aquarium pump & stainless aeration stone
[120] 4 plastic fermenter buckets (good for storing grain, etc.)
[unknown] assorted spare fittings and parts, including braided sink extension hoses with valves, many spare o-rings for keg poppets, a hydrometer, a bunch of airlocks, two teflon-coated stirbars, etc.
[edit: also two STC-1000 temp controllers, NIB, not shown in the photos]

[>4245] total

Price: $1000 for the lot if you pick it up from me in Tamworth, NSW, or $1300 if I deliver it to you, or hand it off to you, somewhere in the greater Sydney region.

Everything is in perfect working order, though you will want to replace the kegerator tubing and refill the CO2 tank (which isn't completely empty). The asking price is low because I'm remote and have very little time to offload it all. The kegerator and Picobrew wouldn't work in the US (both are 220 V/50 Hz), and I'd have to pay heaps to ship them across the Pacific anyway. I haven't used any of it for 1.5 years because I got too busy with work and a toddler and I don't see that changing in the future.

Happy to provide more pics and answer any questions.

[edit]: The Zymatic can handle 4.1 kg of grain and four 43 g hop additions. It makes 2.5-gal (~10 L) batches. You can run two batches back to back for a normal sized batch. The beauty of the system is that it does all the temperature steps, transfers and hop additions for you, so you can put your grain and hops in and then wander off for 3-4 hours and do something else.

Attachments

• all equipment.jpg
    all equipment.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 382
  • kegerator closed.jpg
    kegerator closed.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 349
  • pico all.jpg
    pico all.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 415
  • kettle.jpg
    kettle.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 372
  • kegerator parts.jpg
    kegerator parts.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
How's the Pico go?
Wish I could justify this.
It works great! It's basically an automated RIMS system. You put in milled grain and your hop additions, and 'program' a recipe with your desired temperature steps and times, and it does all the temperature control and transfers. You come back several hours later with a keg with ~10L of hot wort. You can then recirculate it for chilling or run it through your own chiller.

The small batch size is the main limitation, but the automation makes it easy to run two batches back to back for 20 L.

Some people say it's too hands-off, like a Nespresso machine for beer. I get it, but I disagree. I've done my share of hands-on brewing over the last 23 years and was happy to hand over the valve-operating and temperature-watching tasks to a computer. Besides, everything cold-side is still in the hands of the brewer.

Bargain! I hope you find someone to take the lot.
If you decide to part it out and are delivering in Sydney I'd be interested in the kegerator, CO2 and could pick up some more gear as spares.

Where are you headed to in the states? We just moved to Sydney from California with a 14 month old. It can be a really fun experience so good luck! Happy to share what we did if that helps.

Also (mostly joking) open to trade for 2 US lightbulbs that accidentally made it, a Cuisinart that I might not be able to convert to 240v and an acoustic guitar amp I didn't sell before coming over :D

Hi akx, Welcome to Oz. We're headed to Fair Oaks, near Sac. Used to live in Santa Rosa. You?

I might be keen on the amp! Not so sure about the lightbulbs :)

Haha - small world. My wife grew up in Fair Oaks before moving to Sydney. We used to get up there fairly regularly to catch up with friends. Nice place to be for sure. Most recently we were in Oakland. We were in the bay area for the last 7 years. Glad to be back in Oz.

WTF? I grew up in Carmichael, which adjoins Fair Oaks!

BTW the Picobrew is brilliant for dialling in recipes. Plenty of pro brewers use it for just that.

Yo Brew Peeps,
I am keen to buy this package, but I don't want the kegerator or the Picobrew.
Akx is keen on the kegerator.
Is anyone keen for the Pico? I can box up and send anywhere at buyers expense.
Caney

Wow, it's like Fair Oaks is the center of the Aussie homebrewing universe. How many more will come out of the woodwork?

Thanks caney -- sorry, the other fellow got in just before you! All sold.

Yo Brew Peeps,
I am keen to buy this package, but I don't want the kegerator or the Picobrew.
Akx is keen on the kegerator.
Is anyone keen for the Pico? I can box up and send anywhere at buyers expense.
Caney
What do you reckon it might cost to the pico get it to Toowoomba QLD 4350?

Back