Commercial Meads In Oz

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ausdb said:
sinkas said:
I was wondering if there are any commericaa Meads available in Oz, and if so, where can I get some to try?
[post="128878"][/post]​
Some friends of mine got some from somewhere down Denmark way a while back I will try and find out where for you. I do remember it was pricy and only in the pretty 375ml desert wine bottles.
[post="128889"][/post]​

Denmark WA that is (west of Esperance, on the coast)?

My wife and I passed through there about 12 years ago and they had some lovely meads available, the spiced one was particularly good. It was the first time I had mead and it still sticks in my memory.

If you're in Perth then not too far to go.

Cheers, Andrew.

Berp. Thanks for the tip about Honey Haven. I will have to organise a weekend trip to Mudgee in the spring. I might even play the Mudgee Open again!
Cheers
Gerard

G'day sinkas & airgead,
I went to the cellar door of Chateau Dorrien in the Barosaa last weekend and tried out the entire range of five different meads. The Martin's Sweet honey, & Spicy meads are normally fermented (14%), whilst the Scarlet, Grand Miele, & Quandong meads are fermented, then fortified to around 20%. All are quite nice to drink straight, and the spicy mead was served hot. :beer:
I've attached the order form after finally scanning it at work today. I've tried the website but it didn't work for me. Dorrien link
The staff mentioned Maxwell Meadery, also in SA, and a spiced apple liqueur mead aged in oak :p from Hartzview Vineyards, Tasmania. Hartzview link

Cheers for now.

View attachment mead_order_form_Chateau_Dorrien__2006.pdf

G'day sinkas & airgead,
I went to the cellar door of Chateau Dorrien in the Barosaa last weekend and tried out the entire range of five different meads. The Martin's Sweet honey, & Spicy meads are normally fermented (14%), whilst the Scarlet, Grand Miele, & Quandong meads are fermented, then fortified to around 20%. All are quite nice to drink straight, and the spicy mead was served hot. :beer:
I've attached the order form after finally scanning it at work today. I've tried the website but it didn't work for me. Dorrien link
The staff mentioned Maxwell Meadery, also in SA, and a spiced apple liqueur mead aged in oak :p from Hartzview Vineyards, Tasmania. Hartzview link

Cheers for now.

Vangelator

Thanks for that. Looks like their meads are all the sweet style whisn't really my thing. I tend to go for the dry styles. I'll see if I can dig some up to try though.

Cheers
Dave

Back