Commercial Keg + Equip Hire

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBastard

Reaction score
Hello all.

Well it's been a while since I've posted and to be honest it's been a while since I've made home brew. The last two batches I've made ended up horrible and I'm getting married in a few weeks and basically haven't had any time to home brew :unsure:

I'm having a bucks party in a couple of weeks and will be looking to get some commercial kegs. Anyone got any recommendations in Brisbane? I was thinking probably a James Squire or a Fat Yak and then probably a Super Dry for the guys with less discerning tastes. Also looking to hire some gear to run the kegs as I'm only set up for cornies. I do have a chest freezer that can probably fit two commercial kegs, and I do have a gas bottle, a regulator and some gas and beer line. I'm not sure if I should just hire the usual gear but it seems really expensive. Dunno if it would work out cheaper to just buy couplers and then sell them afterwards? Or does anyone here wanna lend me some gear for a weekend and I'll buy you a carton of something nice?

I'd ideally like to get the kegs from somewhere that'd let me pick up on Friday and drop off on Monday. A lot of the places I've looked at seem to be people with the wheelie bin solution and they seem to whack a bit of mark up on and have fairly restrictive policies.

Cheers for any help.

See if you can contact your nearest good bottlo and ask if they do 50l kegs. Borrow a couple of the appropriate couplers from your Brisvegas Brew Buddies and you're set?

See if you can contact your nearest good bottlo and ask if they do 50l kegs. Borrow a couple of the appropriate couplers from your Brisvegas Brew Buddies and you're set?

Actually I was thinking the breakfast creek hotel may be a good bet for the kegs. At least I know they serve Fat Yak and Super Dry there. But maybe a publican from Brisbane posts here too? Or someone with some first hand experience. Thought here would be a good starting point at least.

keep ringing different hotels and asking nicely...i think its your best bet.

Mark PM beersom and see if you can get anything from MT Brewery.

That's a good idea, any micros willing to sell by the litre into my own cornies would be a good bet but mt tamborine is probably a bit far away unfortunately

:icon_chickcheers: :icon_chickcheers: :icon_chickcheers:

Got my last 50L keg from first choice at Oxley. The cellar master there seemed like a champ.

I tried MT brewery but they indicated that they do not have the appropriate liquor licence to sell kegs. (not sure if thats a fob off or true as I cbf investigating).

Back