Commercial Keg Cleaning

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSB

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a commercial keg, Yes I know !!

I have just acquired a coupler with female snaplocks attached .... Just need some male snaplocks to suit and I'm away.

I have a mates party coming up :beer: and my English Bitter is a favourite of the lads, so I said I would brew a 50l batch for him......Just one problem - How do I get the poo beer out of the keg, and clean it thoroughly so my gold :chug: can enter the keg ???

How do "other" handle it ??

Thanking you in advance.

Cheers
JSB

it was this very question that swayed me to buying post mix kegs , i didnt like the fact the i couldnt see my keg was clean
having said that now i know that they arent to tricky to clean anyway using you coupling flush water in where the gas would normally go in and let it flow out the other hole till it runs clean could do this with another postmix keg full of cleaning solution and pressure it through with co2 aswell

There is a way of removing a spear from a keg, then fill with cleaning solution, soak, rinse away and sterilize. Do a search, there are some good threads on this topic.
By the way, what sort of keg is it?

arthur

Latest posts

Back