Ex commercial kegs - Any ideas?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyBoucher

Reaction score
I've got 6 commercial kegs sitting in my shed taking up space and I'm looking for any ideas of what to do with them otherwise they're going to the tip.

I've already got a 3V keggle system so I don't need to convert any that way and I've heard the amount of work to turn them into a smoker isn't worth it with other options available. I also don't know how to weld so I would have to pay someone else to do the work for me.

Do people have any other ideas what could be done with them? Include some pics if you like.

Cheers

Bob

The obvious suggestion would be to donate them to someone, rather than sending them to the tip. I'm sure there would be at least a few people on these forums that would have a use for them. Turning them into coffee tables / seats / foot stools is another option.

I went to a brewery where they'd converted a carlton united keg into a urinal, so as you used it, it was like refilling it with carlton draught

I've got 6 commercial kegs sitting in my shed taking up space and I'm looking for any ideas of what to do with them otherwise they're going to the tip.

I've already got a 3V keggle system so I don't need to convert any that way and I've heard the amount of work to turn them into a smoker isn't worth it with other options available. I also don't know how to weld so I would have to pay someone else to do the work for me.

Do people have any other ideas what could be done with them? Include some pics if you like.

Cheers

Bob

Make a kegmenter or two? buy the correct fittings and use them to serve beer out of?

I went to a brewery where they'd converted a carlton united keg into a urinal, so as you used it, it was like refilling it with carlton draught
Well CUB do advertise it as, "Made from beer."

Use them as kegs? Get a proper coupler, fill with beer, gas and serve.

I'm sure if you didn't find a use for them you could sell them/give them away on here fairly easily (presuming they are legally acquired of course ;))

If I were in the market for a system I'd make an offer for a couple, but still a while off re-setting up my brewery.

An American friend done this with one for when blokes go for a piss behind his shed at his BBQS.

The pipe underneath goes down 2' into the ground into a 20L bucket with holes drilled in it full of rocks.

01DB0193-2054-4931-BFA7-30CAAC9C1153.jpeg

Metal recyclers assuming they are not from an Australian brewery. If they are, phone the brewery and advise them you have their property and whether they want to collect them back.

Latest posts

Back