Commercial Beer In Cans (qld)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score
I'm off camping for the easter long weekend, no homebrew in supply so I am in search of some beer in cans.

Anyone know where I can get something that's not local aussie megaswillor Guinness/Kilkenny in cans?

I'm chasing something like you get in the UK such as the Stella/Becks/Carlsberg 500 ml cans.

I've tried Dan Murphys & 1st Choice, the only thing I could find was amsterdam but I'm not that keen on it.

Cheers

I've seen Newcastle Brown and Carlsberg strong cans at 1st Choice on the Gold Coast.

Dan Murphey's sometimes has John Smith's and Boddingtons in cans down this way.

Kev

Local first choice (the one behind the regatta hotel) stocks carlsberg special export, boddingtons, and a few other things in cans.

Dont know that you'd accuse either of not being megaswill though.

Been enjoying some John Bull in cans recently. Pretty good.

Dans has cascade pale ale in cans sometimes,much underated beer

Slugger,

I think Vintage Cellars at Chapel Hill has Carlsberg and Boddingtons in cans. I would suggest you give them a call before you drive there.

Cheers - Snow

Thanks for the replies.

Snow: Carlsberg sounds the goods for camping, I'll check it out.

Another option is to buy something like the amsterdam in cans and get some liquid hops from Ross. Add a drop or two and you will have a different beer.

Another option is to buy something like the amsterdam in cans and get some liquid hops from Ross. Add a drop or two and you will have a different beer.

I like this idea, might look into it.

Those boags 500ml Tube Cans are ok - cheap too, pretty bland but could do worse.

I don't mind those big Sopporo cans that come from Canada. They're in every bottle-o.

I've had a couple of Bombardier cans lately, they're super good value.

Not sure about what you'll find in your neck of the woods, but other tinnies (other than domestic stuff) that shouldn't be too hard to find around oz include Old Speckled Hen, Hobgoblin, McEwans, Tanglefoot, Belhaven Best, Tetleys, Caffreys, Ruddles County, John Smith, Wexfords, GK Abbot Ale, Tennants, Murphy's Stout, Mackeson Stout, Wells IPA, Belzebuth, Furstenbrau. Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Grabbed Tetleys at BWS in Hervey Bay last week. Surely they would have it in Brissy? Perfect for camping because it tastes best at about 10C... IMHO.

Why not take your own?
Grab a carbonator cap off Ross or Mothballs and charge up some 2 litre coke bottles.. :icon_cheers:
Thats what i do on most outings...
4x 2litre coke bottles is a litre short of a carton. and its great to have 3 or 4 different beers with you too...

Sqyre.. ;)

Latest posts

Back