Collapsible Cube For Beer Engine?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Absinthe, great idea
I have one concern, when you were drawing the beer out of the poly pin with your pump did it at any stage create a vacuum that tried to pull the beer back out of the pump into the poly pin?
Hang on I just thought of half the answer, there is a check valve on the pumps so it shouldn't get pulled back out but there would still be a vacuum happening in the poly pin making it harder and harder to pull a pint. did you find this?

Cheers
Andrew

Nice Absinthe, great idea
I have one concern, when you were drawing the beer out of the poly pin with your pump did it at any stage create a vacuum that tried to pull the beer back out of the pump into the poly pin?
Hang on I just thought of half the answer, there is a check valve on the pumps so it shouldn't get pulled back out but there would still be a vacuum happening in the poly pin making it harder and harder to pull a pint. did you find this?

Cheers
Andrew

i havent had any probs pulling a pint so far (and i have pulled quite a few now lol maybe to many?) the poly pin just gets a little smaller each pull... but i havent gotten to the "tight" stage that im sure will happen soon :p

i will be buying LOTS more of these though they are great... strong (can be caried with the handle full of liquid so stronger than they look) food safe (LDPE) and collapsible what more can you ask for?

AND the tap size is dam close to the size of the hand pump so no probs with tubing

although i am getting a sparkler (3 sizes) as i would like a head on my stout :p

I use something similar.
cubitanr.jpg

Cubitainers are available in the USA in 1-gallon, 2.5 gallon and 5 gallon sizes.
The 1-gallon size collapses on itself with no issues. The larger sizes will begin to glug-glug at about 2/3 empty.

Here's my cheap-******* real ale hand pump.
DSCN8114.jpg

Back