Cold Crashing Temperature-too High?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back on topic for a second.

Truman, if you want to try your fan theory, use a double adaptor in your temp controller and that way it's only on when your fridge is running and needing to dissipate heat. This assumes it's not hard wired though.

Cheers,
BB

I bet he's got a few chipped tiles as well so may well benefit from any hints or suggestions.

What's a good method of fixing chipped floor tiles, you know the little chip that you get when you drop a meat hammer or a pot or something - not a crack but just where it takes a chip off exposing the dark ceramic body of the tile?
I can easily mix up the correct colour artists oil paint and dummy them up but I was wondering if companies like Uptiles or Beaumont sell repair kits?

1. If you have a tile of similar colour you could tap the edge to get a chip then use the dremel to shape that chip to size then super glue it on.

2. Mix a bit of resin and fill the chip then paint.

3. Or most commonly done touch up with a felt pen.

Hope this helps with your dilema.

Back on topic for a second.

Truman, if you want to try your fan theory, use a double adaptor in your temp controller and that way it's only on when your fridge is running and needing to dissipate heat. This assumes it's not hard wired though.

Cheers,
BB

Good idea I will give that a try.

@bribieG Maybe I should have tilted this thread Home handyman tips 1. My fridge isnt running cold enough in the garage. HELP.. LOl

And yes i do have some chipped tiles...

All purpose thread, then. Anyone looking for a good curry recipe? :lol:

Brad, they are just those annoying little chips so I'll do the fill and paint method. What's a good resin to use for small jobs like that? Araldite from the supermarket be ok or is that just for sticking things together?

Thats what mine has a control box on the side plugged into 240v socket. The other day I could hear the gas on and I switched this off to plug the water tank pump in (Only one socket for this and the water pump) and I heard the flame go out?

So does the solar provide hot water into the tank and the gas is only used if its not warm enough? Ive also noticed you cant turn the water temp down at all as the dial has been riveted on at its hottest setting.

I'm not solar HW plumber, but I did do a little research into it when we had ours installed.

My system has two plugs, one to the gas booster, and one to the controller.

The controller is responsible for sending hot water to the roof when the roof is hot and the water at the top of the tank is less than 85C. Once the water at the top of the tank gets to 85C, they assume the whole tank is hot.

Then the water is drawn through an entirely separate system which is the gas boost, whch has its own powersupply. The power is just to run the electronics and electronic ignition, fan etc.

There is a pipe between the tank and the inlet to the gas boost, and generally this will have cooled to below 65C, so the gas will almost always turn on for a second or two, but will turn off or dial back, depending on how hot the tank water is.

Most inifnity systems can be dialed to a temp by a remote controller, but the solar ones are fixed to 65C. I suspect this is to combat legionaires or something like that :)

And then, dumb regulations mean the whole shebang gets plumbed past a tempering valve which I managed to turn up from 48C to 55C. That basically dilutes the hotwater with cold water.

similar to this, older model, all stainless tank, and 400L

http://www.rinnai.com.au/index.php?option=...id=2&id=161

psplite.jpg

All purpose thread, then. Anyone looking for a good curry recipe? :lol:

Brad, they are just those annoying little chips so I'll do the fill and paint method. What's a good resin to use for small jobs like that? Araldite from the supermarket be ok or is that just for sticking things together?

liquid paper?

araldite is nice. You can sand it back a bit if you make it lumpy ;)

gotta make sure you get the good stuff, and not the 5 or 15 minute crap from kmart

Thanks Stux that explains it then.

Im still waiting for an answer to this question if anyone knows.

OT But this house has a water tank but its not connected up to the toilets. It only has two taps at the front and rear of the property. I thought it was mandatory that the water tank be connected to the toilets?

I'd actually like to one day figure out how to cut the power to the gas boost when the tank water is 85C to prevent it cycling on/off for no reason :)

STC? ;)

OT But this house has a water tank but its not connected up to the toilets. It only has two taps at the front and rear of the property. I thought it was mandatory that the water tank be connected to the toilets?

Be good for running a vege garden.

Not sure about down there, but up here there was a period where all new houses just had to have a rainwater tank for garden use. It was a year or two later that they said it had to be plumbed in for toilets and washing machine use.

QldKev

A good tip I learnt from the neighbor back when I was in town (he was a renta, renta = new word) when moving out soap rubbed on scratches in the walls hide them very well. You may need to buy a couple of cakes of soap to get the color correct, but they are only a dollar each.

Anyone looking for a good curry recipe? :lol:

I use green and yellow split peas, whole green lentils, red lentils and moong dhal (mungbean) in equal proportions in my Dhal.

I find cornice cement makes a wonderful material to fill gaps, sand and paint on.

Also bloody good for fixing toilet roll holders etc to walls, filling up holes in walls, fixing hooks into concrete. That stuff is tough and cheap.

Does your bar fridge have a small freezer in the top of it ???

If it does and you haven't already had to bend it down against the back wall to fit a fermentor inside you could try this? Or try taking the door off the freezer??

You can see it demonstrated early on in . Although you could probably do a better job than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
liquid paper?

araldite is nice. You can sand it back a bit if you make it lumpy ;)

gotta make sure you get the good stuff, and not the 5 or 15 minute crap from kmart

You can get porcelain repair in a syringe type tube similar to Araldite. It is made by Selleys I think, I have used it on porcelain electrical
insulator repairs before so would probably work on a tile and just need to paint it once set etc.

You can add a bit of talcum powder to araldite to thicken and colour it greyish/white, or some graphite powder from a pencil to blacken it ( and make bearing).

@bribieG Maybe I should have tilted this thread Home handyman tips 1. My fridge isnt running cold enough in the garage. HELP.. LOl
Well, there's always next time.

Only if its a new house and yes it should connect to the toilet and laundry I believe, maybe diff in VIC.
we built in NSW 2 1/2 years ago, water is supposed to flow from the tank first (for entire house) then bring in town supply when the tank is empty.
When it was all hooked up, builder takes me to the tank/pump and says' flick this tap and that handle to get tank water, leave them as they are and town water flows stright through'. As soon as you turn on the tank you bypass town pressure and require the pump. Tank water is for beer, light styles like lagers, town supply works fine for most ales.

To meet the 6 Star requirements you can have either a solar water heater or a water tank hooked up to supply the toilet (amongst others but the point is that having the tank hooked up to the toilet is not compulsory).

Latest posts

Back