Cold Crashing Bottling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hope you dont mind me asking a related question here,

does anyone filter their beer and then bottle with priming sugar ?

i know some of the yeast will get through, and have been advised that it will take longer to carb ..

but how much longer ? like does 2 weeks become 4 weeks or is it longer again ?

also is there significantly less sediment in the bottle when the priming sugar has been digested ?

thanks

im no expert but have filtered and bottled a few beers and they have come out fine. im not sure how long it takes as i just bottle a few when im running to the keg so dont usualy drink them until atleast a month after bottling. it does leave a lot less sediment in the bottom though so for that alone its worth the stuffing around for me.

Sorry to but in here people but for blokes like me that are a bit slow on the up take :huh: .....What is Cold Crashing?
Norto

Sorry to but in here people but for blokes like me that are a bit slow on the up take :huh: .....What is Cold Crashing?
Norto
Chilling the beer after fermentation is finished. Usually down to temps between 1C and 4C. The cold conditions will help the yeast still in suspension settle to the bottom of the fermenter and help compact the yeast cake for a clearer beer.

It's not a neccessary step but will help to give you a clearer/brighter beer without using fancy filters etc.

Latest posts

Back