Coca-cola Amatil Moves To Sell Alcohol

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry just to clarify,

If CCL take over FGL, CCL will keep the BEER business and sell off the WINE business.

As it currently stands FGL is worth 13.3 billion and CCL 6.9 billion, if the takeover was to take place CCL will need some serious debt to get the deal done amongst other things falling into line.

And that isnt taking in account the premium that will be needded to be atleast half attractive.

talk about little brother beating up his big brother.

cheers old dog

i beleive they are just assiosiated now with a percentage of the whole pty/ltd
as cub make it and bottle it under and agreed licence. so yes they still are one in that respect but if cca buy fosters group that will change
del

ANY WAY WHO CARES
i dont buy any meggaswill at any rate .So coke can have the lot of them .

i have had my 2 bobs worth so i am out of here ,you guys can count the beans and fight it out amongst yaselves.

thanks for the great thread though
del

geoffi i agree good point WHY would CCA want to buy an Aussie brewer and Settle for number Three ??????????

Because number one and two have a shrinking market cornered with VB, New, et al. The area of the market experiencing growth is the "premium" sector. If I were CCA I'd be looking to swallow up a whole host of micros and smaller players - Coopers and Little Creatures are prime examples. I would then "rationalise" the product offerings, transfer production to a single massive brewery and find every other way possible to show utter contempt for anyone who actually enjoys beer.

AHHHHHH HAAH AHA AHA HA AHA AHA :):):)

NICE ONE CENTURIAN LIKE IT LIKE IT

DEL

....SABMiller (owner of Carling) is the number 1 seller in South Africa. Pretty sure it's only the top Lager in Ireland too.

Top selling lager in Ireland? That's like the being top pork producer in the middle east.

Top selling lager in Ireland? That's like the being top pork producer in the middle east.

I heard from a source that aught to know....
(In the industry)

The biggest selling _beer_ in Ireland is Budweiser. :blink:

Scary.

All this talk of take overs and absorption, its not like they dont have the money to set themselves up. That puts becoming the 3rd top megaswill by 2012 a very ambitious goal.

Saw the head honcho of CCA being interviewed last night.

They will build it and do it themselves - they've already got the distribution machine and no doubt they get trade price on new stainless bling, so why wouldn't they. Not much point in spending millions on acquisitions if all you need is a few fermenters.

I think what we'll see is local 'under licence' production of brands that are currently imported, so I suspect fragmentation will occur as their brands chip away at CUB et al - it remains to be seen what happens to the quality of course. Presumably though they'll be going for high profile (ie megaswill) brands, like Budweiser or Corona or some other carp - I doubt they will start making Old Peculier or Gueuze, so I'm not too worried.

And he laughed at the Fosters rumours BTW.

Saw the head honcho of CCA being interviewed last night.

They will build it and do it themselves - they've already got the distribution machine and no doubt they get trade price on new stainless bling, so why wouldn't they. Not much point in spending millions on acquisitions if all you need is a few fermenters.

I think what we'll see is local 'under licence' production of brands that are currently imported, so I suspect fragmentation will occur as their brands chip away at CUB et al - it remains to be seen what happens to the quality of course. Presumably though they'll be going for high profile (ie megaswill) brands, like Budweiser or Corona or some other carp - I doubt they will start making Old Peculier or Gueuze, so I'm not too worried.

And he laughed at the Fosters rumours BTW.

They could always go for the lambic niche market. :D

Fermented coke?

Actually, is it possible to do that or are there too many preservatives? Could be an interetsing experiment...er...maybe not...

Fermented coke?

Actually, is it possible to do that or are there too many preservatives? Could be an interetsing experiment...er...maybe not...

Nothing can live in that stuff, let alone ferment in it...

WJ

If Coke's not going to buy Little Creatures, then who will?!

Don't write off CCA as going for the cheap end. The annual report say they are aiming at the premium market. They now import Pils Urquell, Peroni Nastie Azzoro and Miller's (oK Miller's is sus and PNA is Italian VB). I expect them to import all sorts of 'premium' brands and either buy into (not always out) good small breweries. They will most likely get the distribution rights and leave the brewery alone while it expands. It is more likely to buy up the barley and hops farms to control the supply. To control the supply of the fruit to there juice makers they have bought up big in Nth Vic. I think they are worried if the arse falls out of the Coke market when the health lobbies catch up. CCA owns Ardmona, SPC and others.
If you had interests in tobacco now, would you start diversifying?

Back