CO2 Swap and Go or Wait for a Fill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fylp

Reaction score
Hey all,

Wondering who swaps their CO2 and who waits for a fill. I've got a 2.3kg my keg on legs with 6 years of test date left, it looks brand new still. But I'm also impatient and a fill takes 1/2 a week at my LHBS.

Fylp

I swap on most occasions but from time to time have to get it filled, which only takes 10 minutes or so. It depends which LHBS I go to. I am surprised at your 1/2 a week!

I have my own bottle and I live about 50k from my nearest refill station. It used to be no dramas and they would fill it over a 20 mins or so but I turned up the other day and the guy said he wouldn't fill my co2 cylinder unless it was cold. He said it was a safety issue. I had the choice of :
A: leaving it there over night and picking it up the next day.
B: stick around while he put it in the freezer to cool it down
C: try my luck getting a refill at other places.

As options A and B were out of the question due to time and logistics, I chose C.

Fail. Went to two other places and they said no deal. One bloke said it would be two weeks!! A few years ago I would have said refill but, for me, if I had have had a swap and go it wouldn't have been an issue.

I think I'll see if there is one of the same make and quality for a swap. Otherwise I'll wait and crack out a sodastream bottle to get through the weekend.

Thanks for the shared thoughts.

Latest posts

Back