Co2 Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
try taking your mouse pointer and put it over the craft brewer website and click. ross will be able to help you

If you are in SA - i can sell you a Harris 601 dual gauge reg at a good price too.

thanks gmk put i already have a harris 601 and that is what iam going to replace , looking around i like the look of the micromatics reg

thanks gmk put i already have a harris 601 and that is what iam going to replace , looking around i like the look of the micromatics reg

Sorry to slightly hijack this, but I'm going to be buying a regulator soon and am wondering if there is anything is particular about the Harris 601 that you don't like? I was considering getting one.

Thanks

Sorry to slightly hijack this, but I'm going to be buying a regulator soon and am wondering if there is anything is particular about the Harris 601 that you don't like? I was considering getting one.

Thanks

Have been fairly happy with my 601. The high side gauge stopped working after about a week, but the low side is fine and it does exactly what I ask of it - 10 psi for storage and 40psi to crash carbonate.

Fester

Have been fairly happy with my 601. The high side gauge stopped working after about a week, but the low side is fine and it does exactly what I ask of it - 10 psi for storage and 40psi to crash carbonate.
Fester

One gauge stopped working after a week !
I'll be mighty peeved with that,not a good rap for Harris regs at all <_<

Batz

My Harris 601 has been working perfectly for the 6 months that I've had it. No issues with either gauge.

My Harris 601 has been working perfectly for the 6 months that I've had it. No issues with either gauge.

I would expect so as well Bonj,from what I have heard they are a good unit.
If you had one that gave you trouble after a wekk would you be pleased? In fact if it were mine would be back to where I bought it from for a replacement.
BTW I run two CIC and a Andale reg which have given me trouble free service for over 10 years,and the Andale has been full of beer mobs of times :p Stripped and cleaned after such performances.

Batz

I would expect so as well Bonj,from what I have heard they are a good unit.
If you had one that gave you trouble after a week would you be pleased?
I certainly wouldn't be.
In fact if it were mine would be back to where I bought it from for a replacement.
Exactly my thoughts.

I use the JG one way check valve so hopefully will never have beer in the regulator. Although it is only rated to stop the backflow of liquid, it seems to do pretty well with gas, so I'm fairly confident it would stop the beer if it made it that far. If it saves me from having to clean the reg out once, it will have paid for itself in my opinion

I certainly wouldn't be.

Exactly my thoughts.

I use the JG one way check valve so hopefully will never have beer in the regulator. Although it is only rated to stop the backflow of liquid, it seems to do pretty well with gas, so I'm fairly confident it would stop the beer if it made it that far. If it saves me from having to clean the reg out once, it will have paid for itself in my opinion

And I have check valves fitted now as well.

Batz

Sounds like a smart idea & I'll do the same when I get my regulator then.
Good move - I recently started kegging and my enthusiasm to set up my kegs ended up resulting in stout going right thru my brand new micromatic :angry: I have since bought a check valve from Ross and will strip the reg tonight.
:beer:

Only complaint I have with my 601 is that the increments in and around 10psi are a little imprecise. I don't know whether or not thats the case with every regulator but I'd like to see a bigger more controllable scale at the low end of the range.

Other than that its a fine unit, both gauges work and I bought it second hand. I also use a JG check valve.

Only complaint I have with my 601 is that the increments in and around 10psi are a little imprecise. I don't know whether or not thats the case with every regulator but I'd like to see a bigger more controllable scale at the low end of the range.

Other than that its a fine unit, both gauges work and I bought it second hand. I also use a JG check valve.

As far as I can tell, the Micromatic is probably even more difficult.

I think the maximum on the gauge with the Harris is 6 Bar, while the Micromatic 642 goes up to something like 8 Bar which would in turn make the scale harder to read at the low pressures.

Have a Harris...going strong after 1yr, now have a 2nd one for an upcoming party keg setup. The increments for me are fine, never use them as an exact thing anyway. Generally pump the beer with 30-40psi for a couple of days and then burp the keg back down to ~10psi and start pouring. Adjust the reg a small twist at a time as I'm pouring to get the carbonation and pour just where I want it. I know when it's spot on as the beer starts to clear up and about 2 glasses later the tap goes...fffffffttttttt !!!! :D

my harris 601 the high side gauge is not working properly and the low side shows a different pressure if you unplug a keg and plug it in again, so i brought a mircomatic from kegsonline and have received it, it really looks good and works well

my harris 601 the high side gauge is not working properly and the low side shows a different pressure if you unplug a keg and plug it in again, so i brought a mircomatic from kegsonline and have received it, it really looks good and works well

Another not so happy harris 601 user <_<

Batz

I know as being a former retailer & user of Harris 601 guages that as of about 3 months ago they were suddenly "no longer available" due to a safety issue. I know that the one I used to use would get a high pitched whine going when under a lot of pressure. Inow only sell Micromatics.

Spookster

Back