Co2 Bottle Refill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWC

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to get a Co2 bottle filled in Newcastle.

Thanks Heaps :beerbang:

Can anyone tell me where to get a Co2 bottle filled in Newcastle.

Thanks Heaps :beerbang:

DWC,

I get mine refilled at Mark's Home Brew at Maitland Rd, Islington.

cliffo

On that note, how much is a refill at MHB?

I havent had to refill my bottle yet but am interested to know

Pok

On that note, how much is a refill at MHB?

I havent had to refill my bottle yet but am interested to know

Pok

I (very) vaguely recall it being in the $50-60-ish range but don't quote me as it was quite a while ago I had mine refilled. Current fill is lasting much longer than my 1st as I haven't been filtering my beers as often.

cliffo

$50-60 - HOLY CRAP.... this sounds expensive!!!

$50-60 - HOLY CRAP.... this sounds expensive!!!

All in all I think its not too bad. Depending on your use it can easily last you a year.

My original cylinder lasted about 6 months but i was overly enthusiastic about drinking/carbing my newly kegged beers+filtered all of them using the CO2.

Reckon you could easily get 12 month use out of a fill with "normal" use, ie no CO2-based filtering. Also depends whether your carb your beers with CO2 or sugar/dextrose.

Quick check of my records shows I had a refill in early January this year and still seem to have ample left in the tank.

cliffo

howdy homebrewers,

sorry if that doesnt exactly meets the topic, but Id like to know if someone of you is refilling the gas bottle by themselves?

For example, I own a 1kg and a 10kg gas bottle.
The 1kg bottle Im using for drawing beer only, whilst the 10kg bottle Im using as a dispensing bottle only, because a refill of the 10kg bottle is much cheaper than 10 refills of the 1kg bottle.
So anytime the small bottle gets empty, Im going to fill it up by myself.

Another Advantage: in case the small bottle, respectively the gaslines and its connectors are leaking, the loss of gas will be a little only.

whatyathinkabout?

Dangerous! If i were to do it, i would (of course) do it outside, do it with the correct equipment and training, check all lines and the like for leaks beforehand, etc. etc.

The baby in your avatar looks like the result of an accident with cylinders of laughing gas!

howdy homebrewers,

sorry if that doesnt exactly meets the topic, but Id like to know if someone of you is refilling the gas bottle by themselves?

For example, I own a 1kg and a 10kg gas bottle.
The 1kg bottle Im using for drawing beer only, whilst the 10kg bottle Im using as a dispensing bottle only, because a refill of the 10kg bottle is much cheaper than 10 refills of the 1kg bottle.
So anytime the small bottle gets empty, Im going to fill it up by myself.

Another Advantage: in case the small bottle, respectively the gaslines and its connectors are leaking, the loss of gas will be a little only.

whatyathinkabout?

Zwickel I've done this heaps of times.Perhaps it's better PM you about it,you do need to buy the correct HP braided hose.

Batz

Zwickel I've done this heaps of times.Perhaps it's better PM you about it,you do need to buy the correct HP braided hose.
Batz

hmmm...Batz, Im using this little tube for years already:
2820.JPG

@Adamt, I cant see it more dangerous than any other connection to the gas bottle.

Cheers

hmmm...Batz, Im using this little tube for years already:
View attachment 14338

@Adamt, I cant see it more dangerous than any other connection to the gas bottle.

Cheers

Looks fine to me Zwickel
I see you are already doing this,sorry I thought you were asking how to do it.
Perhaps I should read the posts better :rolleyes:

Batz

Thanks for the replies.
I managed to find the gas supplier that supplied the bottle(9kg) I bought from
HBS when I got my keg setup and will still do an exchange on "my" old bottle for $60.
Bottle cost me $90, 5 years ago and no rental so it looks like I've dodged that again :beer:
9kg has lasted me a "few" years :rolleyes: .
I was rather paniced this morning to find the gas duopoly is forcing people to rent
(at great cost) their cylinders and buy their gas as wellThanks again

Dave

Thanks for the replies.
I managed to find the gas supplier that supplied the bottle(9kg) I bought from
HBS when I got my keg setup and will still do an exchange on "my" old bottle for $60.
Bottle cost me $90, 5 years ago and no rental so it looks like I've dodged that again :beer:
9kg has lasted me a "few" years :rolleyes: .
I was rather paniced this morning to find the gas duopoly is forcing people to rent
(at great cost) their cylinders and buy their gas as wellThanks again

Dave

As has been posted in the past, the rental is a killer. Its no wonder that some / a lot of users manage to "find" an empty bottle then "manage" to get it refilled :rolleyes: Would it not be a lot easier if these money grubbing company's dropped their rental to something more respectable. I currently have a bottle of Argon on rental and it costs me $135 a year!

BYB

Turns out ht my old HBS still has a deal with the original supplier.
Got 9kg exchanged for $60(still the old steel cylinder).
Still no rental, so, laughin' :beer:

Dave

Turns out ht my old HBS still has a deal with the original supplier.
Got 9kg exchanged for $60(still the old steel cylinder).
Still no rental, so, laughin' :beer:

Dave

Same here, however it was only on the bigger bottles (F size), it's gonna take me years to get though that...

Oh well fortunately he had the cheap rental, cause it was either buy a CO2 cylinder and keg that day that or drink 23L of flat beer.

Just one more thing I don't have to buy now...

Latest posts

Back