Co2 Bottle Pressure

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylfish

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just a quick Question.

As a few of you guys may have read i've been carbonating in a keg for the last 7 days @ 32psi and at room tempreture. I havn't been getting any real results as far as carbonation is concerned so i cleared out my back fridge and put the keg in and co2 bottle in there. I cahnged the pressure to about 17 psi since my fridge is hovering around the 3-4 degree mark.

anyways for the last 7 days my co2 bottle has shown that its bottle pressure stayed very constant (around 1000 psi left) and now since i have put it in the fridge it has dropped by nearly a 1/3 in about 12 hours.

Is this because my beer is finally allowing the co2 to be absorbed at these lower tempretures or are the cold conditions causing the properties of the co2 in the bottle to change? How long does a normal smallish bottle of co2 last in a fridge? (full)

Cheers,

your avail press will show less when in a frige but the avail quantity will be the same,what size bottle, my 6kg has lasted 12 mths+ running 2 kegs and carbing about 30

so if ive got the same amount of co2 in the bottle im a happy man. cheers!

Hi Guys,

Just a quick Question.

As a few of you guys may have read i've been carbonating in a keg for the last 7 days @ 32psi and at room tempreture. I havn't been getting any real results as far as carbonation is concerned so i cleared out my back fridge and put the keg in and co2 bottle in there. I cahnged the pressure to about 17 psi since my fridge is hovering around the 3-4 degree mark.

anyways for the last 7 days my co2 bottle has shown that its bottle pressure stayed very constant (around 1000 psi left) and now since i have put it in the fridge it has dropped by nearly a 1/3 in about 12 hours.

Is this because my beer is finally allowing the co2 to be absorbed at these lower tempretures or are the cold conditions causing the properties of the co2 in the bottle to change? How long does a normal smallish bottle of co2 last in a fridge? (full)

Cheers,

How big is the bottle? How many kegs do you get through a month? My rule is it takes about 110g of CO2 to gas and push out a keg. If you use CO2 for pushing beer through filters etc this is extra.

QldKev

110g to carb and push out a keg???

Thats 61 kegs per 6.8kg mkol bottle.

Whats your secret :)

You'd need to be VERY frugal to carbonate & dispense 3 kegs with 110gm unless drinking low carbed British style ales, 170 gms per keg in my experience is nearer the mark.

cheers Ross

You'd need to be VERY frugal to carbonate & dispense 3 kegs with 110gm unless drinking low carbed British style ales, 170 gms per keg in my experience is nearer the mark.

cheers Ross

I was talking 1 keg = 110g to carbonate & dispense avg including english beers. 170g do you also use CO2 to push beer through a filter or something else? Also I tend to drop the gas in line once the beer gets low in the keg, probably does make much a difference, but makes me feal warm and fuzzy.

QldKev

Latest posts

Back