C'mon Straya - you know you want one.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
No one has answered the question of where the kitten goes. We all know you cant do a decent ferment without a kitten.
No chance of kittens/cats/rats or anything fluffy and small getting stuck in the airlock Stuey

You see my house is a rodent free zone due to the dual spot patrol - cat shredders

dawgs.jpg

roger mellie said:
No chance of kittens in the airlock Stuey
Well....as previously mentioned, it is a major design flaw.

Will this be rectified in the WW v2.0 ?

Seems to me, if I was in the market for something like the WW, I'd be looking further across the Pacific to North America and checking out the Brewha 3-in1 BIAC.

Its a system for recirculated mashing, boiling and fermenting all in the one double-skinned conical vessel (76 litres).

Vessel is pressure rated for 5psi so you can ferment under pressure (and transfer wort out to other fermenters, and beer out to kegs, to free up the vessel for further brews). I don't see why you couldn't also use the same vessel as a keg for dispensing.

You can make kit/extract beer in it, or go all-grain using the stainless 'colander' which acts like a solid-walled BIAB bag (or just use a BIAB bag instead). You can also use the vessel for wine making and (with a few extras) distilling (essential oils only, of course).

The double-skin jacket allows for temp control using chilled water - means extra cost for a freezer/fridge. Add that to the cost of US$3,260 + shipping and you still get a much more versatile system for about 60-70% of the cost of the WW.

Similar small footprint too. And if you think it doesn't look as sexy as the WW for permanent placement in the house, a little cabinet work would produce an enclosure to suit your taste.

http://brewha.co/products/biac-package

Brewha 3-in-1.jpg

How is this thread 8 pages long?
Hasn't this all been said in two other threads already? Hang on... yes I am in the new thread.

Stop posting you clowns!

TheWiggman said:
How is this thread 8 pages long?
Hasn't this all been said in two other threads already? Hang on... yes I am in the new thread.

Stop posting you clowns!
This thread is too amusing to lock it, although it probably should be moved to the Pub.

I'm gasping and covering my mouth in shock, but I can't look away...

I guess quite simply: I won't be buying one neither the price nor function meet what I'm after at the moment in a brewery. Take that as feedback, but I suspect I am not WW's target market... Much like 99.99823% of the people on this forum sorry Roger.

Happy brewing as always...

EDIT: And it's pronounced "Caa'arn Straya" btw...

Feldon said:
Seems to me, if I was in the market for something like the WW, I'd be looking further across the Pacific to North America and checking out the Brewha 3-in1 BIAC.

Its a system for recirculated mashing, boiling and fermenting all in the one double-skinned conical vessel (76 litres).

Vessel is pressure rated for 5psi so you can ferment under pressure (and transfer wort out to other fermenters, and beer out to kegs, to free up the vessel for further brews). I don't see why you couldn't also use the same vessel as a keg for dispensing.

You can make kit/extract beer in it, or go all-grain using the stainless 'colander' which acts like a solid-walled BIAB bag (or just use a BIAB bag instead). You can also use the vessel for wine making and (with a few extras) distilling (essential oils only, of course).

The double-skin jacket allows for temp control using chilled water - means extra cost for a freezer/fridge. Add that to the cost of US$3,260 + shipping and you still get a much more versatile system for about 60-70% of the cost of the WW.

Similar small footprint too. And if you think it doesn't look as sexy as the WW for permanent placement in the house, a little cabinet work would produce an enclosure to suit your taste.

http://brewha.co/products/biac-package
Must

Re frain

From

Answering

But since you mentioned it

5Psi Feldon? Wont be very well carbonated (need about 20-25 pSi.g for that) - and at 5Psi you have 0.34 M of head to play with - aint going to be pumping much stuff around a brewery with that pressure.

RM

5 psi equals 34kpa and 3.5m of head pressure so I think that would be plenty to transfer. I set my gas reg to between 60 - 80 kpa bit of a top up with the gas and your good to go.

meh

I drink straight from the fermenter

If you hold the glass down low and let it froth, its like cask ale.

Can a WW do cask ale..?

Note:- My method of doing a cask ale may not actually be close to the actual method or very scientifphic...but.. it still tastes good...

wobbly said:
The "Ones and Zeros" system cost $12,000 plus !!!! check out this topic for the details https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=16336.0 and you guys think owning a WW is over the top

Cheers

Wobbly
Don't forget that you aren't supplying anything to actually create wort. I see $1700 for both fermenters, $1200 for both fridges and probably $1200 for keezer. I am being relatively conservative here.

SO if i was to go down the path of creating the mother of breweries like that then yes 12k. However, if i wanted to go diy BM then I could still keep the total under 6k and have much more gear for my money to look at and admire. I would have 4 taps, ability to ferment 100L at a time, a much more awesome set up plus with all grain brewing using bulk ingredients saves hundreds over goop and brand name chemicals.

LOL at you for saying the gear in the photo cost 12k.

Ducatiboy stu said:
meh

I drink straight from the fermenter

If you hold the glass down low and let it froth, its like cask ale.

Can a WW do cask ale..?

Note:- My method of doing a cask ale may not actually be close to the actual method or very scientifphic...but.. it still tastes good...
Very close. I think a TRUE cask ale needs to have been on wood for some time, so a splash of your finest Fruity Lexia should add that dry finish. yuuuummm..

Throw an oak domino into the fermenter halfway through fermentation
BAM, true cask ale!

sp0rk said:
Throw an oak domino into the fermenter halfway through fermentation
BAM, true cask ale!
And it would work in the WW too... If you wrap it in $100 notes.

Ah this trolling game doesn't suit me... :(

This is just another thing to add to the list of "things I'm stunned people actually pay for".

mje1980 said:
This is just another thing to add to the list of "things I'm stunned people actually pay for".
Obviously Pro member ship is on the list too ? :)
Hang on, I shouldn't give the marketing folk at WW the idea.
Nev

Adr_0 said:
Very close. I think a TRUE cask ale needs to have been on wood for some time, so a splash of your finest Fruity Lexia should add that dry finish. yuuuummm..
Not many cask ales spend any time in wood.
The vast majority of casks have been SS for years.

billygoat said:
Not many cask ales spend any time in wood.
The vast majority of casks have been SS for years.
Ah, another one of those terminology thingies.

Well then, to get the true cask ale flavour I guess you need to drop a stainless ignot into the fermenter... Or a stainless ignot wrapped in $100 notes if you use a WW.

Adr_0 said:
Ah, another one of those terminology thingies.

Well then, to get the true cask ale flavour I guess you need to drop a stainless ignot into the fermenter... Or a stainless ignot wrapped in $100 notes if you use a WW.
Use platinum instead. $100 notes block your taps.

Back