C'mon Straya - you know you want one.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roger mellie said:
Interesting point of view Manticle - and a voice of reason in what has really become a wind up thread. I think that was the point in the beginning - I appreciated Elz and my mate Wobbly for raking the coals. I completely disagree with some of the elitist comments made here - I can only speak for myself here - Im not ******* elitist.

I would make the point that I believe my beers have always been good - that I have made some ordinary beers in the WW - but that I can (IN MY OPINION) not put any blame on the fermenting/post boil temperature control/carbonation/introduction of any O2 now. The fact that post boil - I cool and dump in the WW - then set the temp and pitch at a consistent temp - knowing there is a minute change of an infection as the WW allows me to purge the headspace with CO2 and put a positive pressure on the wort prior to pitching. In other words - I believe I have made one aspect of beer making a given, ticked that box and moved my focus onto the first half of the puzzle - hitting targets, repeatability, you know what I saying. This is no bad thing and was the main reason for me buying one of these.

When I say I know Ian Williams - I have met him a number of times and I have brought up the cost of the WW and this being a barrier for 'acceptance by the masses'. Without giving too much away I think WW really struggled in their first years - they are probably only just solvent. I don't think Ian is getting rich off these things, but I know he is passionate and a pretty canny judge of what his market is. I don't think he sees this place as his market.

So the points you make about value engineering and possibly a more realistic price probably hinge on how many units he can sell and how that flows into increased sales, is a valid one.

I wouldn't expect a price reduction any time soon.

I did see one for sale 2nd hand in NZ for 3000 - which depressed me - I thought they would hold their value better than that - but this is a lifetime purchase - no question.

Time for this thread to die - along with the rest of them - for Stuey to polish up his shiny silver Moto Guzzi clone, pack his multimeter and set off for his Latte and dream about red bikes - as I shall.

Im the immortal words of the great man

Screw you guys - I'm going home.

RM
I'm sure he's very business savvy and knows his market well but knowing the future market is important (I won't suggest as important) as is knowing the current one.

The response here is fairly typical but if you dig deeper, there is info that could be useful. WW is marketed at homebrewers at some kind of level. That level could maybe be increased - price may not be the thing that needs reduction, just functionality might need to be increased. Add an optional feature for wort production, add a second/third vessel for maturation while a third is fermented, etc.

Braumeister was criticised for price when it first came out (and I can afford neither system) but its appeal is undeniable and the company acknowledges its market, accepts feedback and makes improvements based on that. WW is an HB system. Feedback, negative or positive from HB guys should help the product and its appeal grow.

roger mellie said:
Time for this thread to die - along with the rest of them - for Stuey to polish up his shiny silver Moto Guzzi clone, pack his multimeter and set off for his Latte and dream about red bikes -
Go f.......oh never mind

Elz said:
I like taking the piss as much as the next guy. But it's kinda sad that on the progressive forum where is normal to create or alter beer styles, make new equipment and generally innovate (get away from the main stream) that the majority of blokes, and I assume some gals as well, are soooo conservative towards the WW. For Fukcs sake, you may not like the owner but does that make it a bad product? It is expensive, but does that make it a bad piece of equipment. It does not ferment two brews at once, does that make unworthy of purchasing (ps get over this issue as it is so simple to bottle a some beer between brews it not funny).

I get that most members her enjoy making things from scratch, but people can walk and chew gum at the same time.

plus the people that have purchased a WW are overwhelming over the moon with their purchase.

plus I love the original post was a troll, some irony in this.

Anyway cheers and heres to my perfectly fermented draught beer poured at the right temperature from a vessel that is easy to clean and use. (albeit costing a small fortune!)
Elz

PS probably buy a Grainfather when they are released in Aus as I couldn't be bothered making one from scratch (more wasted money? food for thought?)
Gizoogled..

I wanna bust a nut on takin tha piss as much as tha next muthafucka. But itz kinda fucked up dat on tha progressive forum where be aiiight ta create or alter brew styles, make freshly smoked up shiznit n' generally innovate (get away from tha main stream) dat tha majoritizzle of blokes, n' I assume some gals as well, is soooo conservatizzle towardz tha WW. For Fukcs sake, you may not like tha balla but do dat make it a wack product, biatch? It be expensive yo, but do dat make it a wack piece of shit. Well shiiiit, it do not ferment two brews at once, do dat make unworthy of purchasin (ps git over dis issue as it is so simple ta forty a some brew between brews it not funky).

I git dat most thugz her trip off makin thangs from scratch yo, but playas can strutt n' chew gum all up in tha same time.

plus tha playas dat have purchased a WW is overwhelmin over tha moon wit they purchase.

plus I gots a straight-up boner fo' tha original gangsta post was a troll, some irony up in all dis bullshit.

Anyway cheers n' heres ta mah perfectly fermented draught brew poured all up in tha right temperature from a vessel dat is easy as **** ta clean n' use. (albeit costin a lil' small-ass fortune!)
Elz

PS probably loot a Grainfather when they is busted out up in Aus as I couldn't be bothered makin one from scratch (more wasted scrilla, biatch? chicken fo' thought?)

manticle said:
I'm sure he's very business savvy and knows his market well but knowing the future market is important (I won't suggest as important) as is knowing the current one.
The response here is fairly typical but if you dig deeper, there is info that could be useful. WW is marketed at homebrewers at some kind of level. That level could maybe be increased - price may not be the thing that needs reduction, just functionality might need to be increased. Add an optional feature for wort production, add a second/third vessel for maturation while a third is fermented, etc.
Braumeister was criticised for price when it first came out (and I can afford neither system) but its appeal is undeniable and the company acknowledges its market, accepts feedback and makes improvements based on that. WW is an HB system. Feedback, negative or positive from HB guys should help the product and its appeal grow.
It's Friday night, and you're making sensible cogent arguments? WTF is wrong with you? Uninformed opinion is the future

Yob said:
Gizoogled..

I wanna bust a nut on takin tha piss as much as tha next muthafucka. But itz kinda fucked up dat on tha progressive forum where be aiiight ta create or alter brew styles, make freshly smoked up shiznit n' generally innovate (get away from tha main stream) dat tha majoritizzle of blokes, n' I assume some gals as well, is soooo conservatizzle towardz tha WW. For Fukcs sake, you may not like tha balla but do dat make it a wack product, biatch? It be expensive yo, but do dat make it a wack piece of shit. Well shiiiit, it do not ferment two brews at once, do dat make unworthy of purchasin (ps git over dis issue as it is so simple ta forty a some brew between brews it not funky).

I git dat most thugz her trip off makin thangs from scratch yo, but playas can strutt n' chew gum all up in tha same time.

plus tha playas dat have purchased a WW is overwhelmin over tha moon wit they purchase.

plus I gots a straight-up boner fo' tha original gangsta post was a troll, some irony up in all dis bullshit.

Anyway cheers n' heres ta mah perfectly fermented draught brew poured all up in tha right temperature from a vessel dat is easy as **** ta clean n' use. (albeit costin a lil' small-ass fortune!)
Elz

PS probably loot a Grainfather when they is busted out up in Aus as I couldn't be bothered makin one from scratch (more wasted scrilla, biatch? chicken fo' thought?)
You're not meant to smoke the hops...

Blind Dog said:
It's Friday night, and you're making sensible cogent arguments? WTF is wrong with you? Uninformed opinion is the future
I'm drinking beer and whiskey, listening to weedeater and uncle acid and doing my very best to become an incoherent, babbling mess but it is only 9:30.

See you in an hour?

manticle said:
I'm drinking beer and whiskey, listening to weedeater and uncle acid and doing my very best to become an incoherent, babbling mess but it is only 9:30.
See you in an hour?
May be comatose in an hour. Stuffed up an EIPA by dry hopping with citra, damn it's smooth

Been absent for a couple of days travelling from Broome to Perth

Yes I am retired , own a 6.1 meter Boroma Caravan and yes you guessed it the "tug" is a Jeep as well

Next Question ---- What Colour !!!!!!

Back on topic

Not withstanding all the adverse posts/comments no one on this or the previous threads on the Williamswarn subject have been able to post or reference a product regardless of price/cost that is either commercially available or DIY that does everything (or anything like/close to) what the WW does

There have been many throw away comments that they or some one else could reproduce a similar system for significant less dollars but no one has put their hand up to do just that. Maybe some of the various technical issues are a "stretch too far"

Even the "Ones and Zeros'' system at $12,000 plus referenced above (whilst producing larger volumes) doesn't in a single vessel produce chilled carbonated beer ready for consumption without the need for additional steps of kegging and carbonating prior to serving via some sort of keggerator. The WW does this plus has the added advantage of being able to keg carbonated beer ready for consumption if desired

So come on guys (trolls) produce the goods rather than just rhetoric

Cheers

Wobbly

wobbly said:
There have been many throw away comments that they or some one else could reproduce a similar system for significant less dollars but no one has put their hand up to do just that. Maybe some of the various technical issues are a "stretch too far"
incorrect, read the thread through

You may have to email the reasons in English..

The WW guys need a hard copy, which amounts to 378 pages, of reasons why most brewers wont, and never will, buy a wILLIAMS wANK.

Page 1

How NOT to piss AG Brewers off by telling them they dont know how to brew beer

I'm sure if I automated the salt and ph measurement of my water it would produce brilliant beer again and again. I mean, the commercials tightly control that stuff, so should I. Right, I want a machine that'd plug into a braumeister and accurately measure and dose automatically all salts, ph adjustment, hops, bitterness units and colour adjustments etc.

Any machine that can't self contained do all that just is an inferior way to do things and those who persist in their primitive ways are cave trolls.

^ consider this idea copyrighted so Mr Wank can't claim it for his next 10k product. You've been warned. This site will date stamp my submission of this concept forever.

practicalfool said:
I'm sure if I automated the salt and ph measurement of my water it would produce brilliant beer again and again. I mean, the commercials tightly control that stuff, so should I. Right, I want a machine that'd plug into a braumeister and accurately measure and dose automatically all salts, ph adjustment, hops, bitterness units and colour adjustments etc.

Any machine that can't self contained do all that just is an inferior way to do things and those who persist in their primitive ways are cave trolls.

^ consider this idea copyrighted so Mr Wank can't claim it for his next 10k product. You've been warned. This site will date stamp my submission of this concept forever.
PF... your missing the point

WW says that you you can make Commercial Quality beer with their kits, tins and machine.

Ian Williams actually stated that in an email that was posted on AHB

If they want to make mega swill from a $6K machine, then ******* good on them

I can buy that shit for $33 Carton

wobbly said:
Been absent for a couple of days travelling from Broome to Perth

Yes I am retired , own a 6.1 meter Boroma Caravan and yes you guessed it the "tug" is a Jeep as well

Next Question ---- What Colour !!!!!!

Back on topic

Not withstanding all the adverse posts/comments no one on this or the previous threads on the Williamswarn subject have been able to post or reference a product regardless of price/cost that is either commercially available or DIY that does everything (or anything like/close to) what the WW does

Even the "Ones and Zeros'' system at $12,000 plus referenced above (whilst producing larger volumes) doesn't in a single vessel produce chilled carbonated beer ready for consumption without the need for additional steps of kegging and carbonating prior to serving via some sort of keggerator. The WW does this plus has the added advantage of being able to keg carbonated beer ready for consumption if desired

So come on guys (trolls) produce the goods rather than just rhetoric

Cheers

Wobbly
You need Joe Hockey on your side.

I don't care. Wanker warn says you are a moron to question my superior intelligence. You don't argue with a rocket scientist. Piss off you troll.

Back