Cleaning Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crikey :eek: ! stop worrying about it - it will be fine

LOL you sound like my GF,Mates ,Mother ,Father lol.. Yup that vicelore he worries allot..

Sorry guys I just want to do the right thing by everyone. * ill shut up now *

Cheers Vice

Chill mate - unless you were pissing blood all over it don't worry. If something does ever happen to a brew, after rinsing out the keg, pour in some boiling water and then push it through your tap, do it a few times if you want. To do a chem type clean use a cleaning agent - napisan and boiling water - shake it about and then push it through your tap. then run cold water through it to clear it out. Starsan it again and all is ready to go.

Just enjoy your wonderful keg setup

Thanks for the replys guys.

Im gonna get on it tongiht with my mate so ill see how she goes.

Cheers

I dont really understand what your saying there Remi Sorry mate.

sorry, i'll clarify my comments a bit.

from a bacterial point of view, your blood is sterile- if it is not, you have septicaemia and are very sick in a hospital, or about to be. ditto if you have fungus/yeast/mould in your bloodstream- then you are really really sick and probably about to be dead. so in terms of anything in your blood contaminating/ ruining your beer...it won't happen.

in terms of blood borne viruses (HIV, Hep B, Hep C) etc, these are transferred by blood-blood contact, but not blood to oral contact (unless maybe you drank a very large volume of undiluted infected blood and had a gaping/bleeding mouth ulcer of your own in which contact could occur).

almost all of the nasties that make you spew and poo, are transmitted by faecal-oral transmission.

so...wash your hands after you go to the toilet, but bleed into your beer all you like.

hope that's not too much detail for anyone...

remi

Back