Cleaning Drinking Mats

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a rubber backed guiness drinking mat & was wondering if there were any ideas in relation to the cleaning of them?

Cheers

Paul

I typically hand wash mine in cold water with a scoop of washing powder in the tub. I had one I tried in the machine once, and it was torn to bits (the rubber) so I just hand-wash them now.

Don't hang them to dry in the sun if you can avoid it, I've also found the rubber can stiffen with regular doses of the sun on my mats - I'm not sure if its cheap rubber or what, but I hang them in the shade now.

No problems, if anyone else has any tips I'd be keen to see them too :)

hahah lazy washing machines styles for me. Although i admit i have a great washing machine. F&P Aquasmart. Its like a front loader and top loader in one and dosnt have that annoying spindle in the middle that tears bar mat's to pieces ;)

I've also found the rubber can stiffen

Would have taken that to be the expected norm. :D

Seriously... My suggestion would be a K'Archer style pressure cleaner. Would do a good job.

Warren -

my washing machine roughs up the felt on my mats, i'm back to soaking & hand washing... is there anything napisan can't do?!

Hi Paul
I'd try a warm (>65C) solution of napi-soaker (Sodium percarbonate) then rinse out in warm water.
Cheers
Stephen.

Dude try drinking glasses, much more user friendly.

Back