Cleaning And Sterilising

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great I will take a look. Hope they have some NATA lab certs so that one can have confidence. Reason I asked is that the liquid 95% phosphoric acid one seems to be physically impossible according to the industrial chemists I talked to.

Hello Wil Fiala. No need to hide behind this alias as Beir Hearder. If you want to talk as a Keg King employee on the thread you should just make it know that you work for Keg King. Please get your chemist friend to read the SDS and if he is having troubles get him to email us at [email protected].

Keep away from stainless steel.

This is the #1 reason any type of chlorine product is unsuitable for a brewing or food production environment.

Need to rinse twice with a few litres of hot tap water; you can smell chlorine if the rinsing is inadequate, normally everything just smells super clean.

And this is #2. If you're rinsing with any water, hot or cold, you're no longer in a sanitized state. No matter how clean your water, it's not free of all microbes. And hot water, if it comes from any kind of storage tank (as opposed to on-demand) is just going to be full of nasties.

General comment: If you don’t have a good supply of sanitary domestic hot water with which to generously rinse clean, then “no rinse” alternatives would be a better choice. Otherwise it’s hard to mess up this simple application that has been in use around homes for generations.

Used around homes for surface cleansing or washing white clothes and toilets is not the same thing as food nor beer prep. It's a bad idea on all fronts for a multitude of reasons, some of which you even mentioned. Just not recommended when the better solutions are so economical already.

Hello Wil Fiala. No need to hide behind this alias as Beir Hearder. If you want to talk as a Keg King employee on the thread you should just make it know that you work for Keg King. Please get your chemist friend to read the SDS and if he is having troubles get him to email us at [email protected].
KL if you have proof of this account being run by KK I suggest you contact a moderator ie fungrel and have him ban the account, this is a serious violation of forum rules.
Although that being said, the Beir Hearder name means dirt around here anyway thanks to racist comments / general sh*tstirring so maybe let him continue what he's doing...

Lol didn't Keg King used to Wholesale that stuff to LHBS around the place?
It is strange how just about all other "pure" liquid forms seem to be 85% by weight though.
Anyway, 96% or not, it's on my buy list for next month.

KL if you have proof of this account being run by KK I suggest you contact a moderator ie fungrel and have him ban the account, this is a serious violation of forum rules.
Although that being said, the Beir Hearder name means dirt around here anyway thanks to racist comments / general sh*tstirring so maybe let him continue what he's doing...
I think this is the longest BH has kept his trap shut..

Back