Cleaning a keg jumper line?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guysmiley54

Reaction score
I have only just recently made the switch to kegging and I love it!

Last night I wanted to use the Craftbrewer carbonator cap to counter pressure fill a PET bottle. I made up a jumper hose with 4mm line and two liquid diconnects, it worked a charm :) Problem is, the line is full of beer that is trapped inside the disconnects.

How do I clean it out and sanitise without a spare keg (because I don't have one) to connect it to and flush it out?

Do you use John Guest fittings on your disconnects or are they barbed?

Fill a PET bottle with the cleaner of your choice (I use 1tsp of sodium percarbonate in 1L of hot water), fit the carbonation cap to the lid of the PET bottle, pressurise with CO2 then swap the gas connector for one of your liquid disconnects and then depress the nipple on the other liquid disconnect at the other end of your jumper lead and run the cleaning solution through

Depress valve with fingers to empty and put some hot water in while depressing until you have something spare to clean it with

Disconnects are easy to pull apart. A large screwdriver or a butter knife to unscrew the top of the disconnects. The you can drain and spray sanitizer through.

Or just store the line in the fridge ( cos you'll probably be using it again soon...) and flush/clean when you do the keg.

Blind Dog said:
Fill a PET bottle with the cleaner of your choice (I use 1tsp of sodium percarbonate in 1L of hot water), fit the carbonation cap to the lid of the PET bottle, pressurise with CO2 then swap the gas connector for one of your liquid disconnects and then depress the nipple on the other liquid disconnect at the other end of your jumper lead and run the cleaning solution through
This

No affiliation with keg king, just a real easy way to clean beer lines. They bring it up around the 4.32 mark of the video.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQg8Qb3OS7U

Edit:Cant add hyperlink on phone

Latest posts

Back