Classy Party Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually brissy, that's a great point - most of those products are probably intended to be 'slow-release', for keeping things cold for days while shipping or camping.

I would probably do just as well with blue blocks, which would melt a bit quicker but hopefully run colder while doing so. They should still last a while, especially if I've got say 4 or 5 of them packed together.

Here's my latest party setup.....
Meet the Beer Tree :beerbang:
beertree001.jpg
beertree002.jpg
It's fed from a temprite B)

i've been trying to get the seeds for those trees for years ash :)

It works in so many ways.... Take cleaning up for example - i just turn on the retic :p

It works in so many ways.... Take cleaning up for example - i just turn on the retic :p

Hey Asher,

is the tree dead? i was just thinking if it was still growing one day you might need a step ladder to pour a pint,
can we see some more pics? you've got me intrigued!

Cheers Rob.

is the tree dead?

Nah it's a Cocos Palm..... the biggest weed in WA....
They grow from the top, so as long as the hole doesn't kill it I'm laughing...

pic_004.jpg

Decided I better pull my finger out and make up something that I can take to partys for dispensing my beer. I've decided to use some 5005 Aluminium and 20mm thick polystyrene sheet and fold up a box to house the keg with the back extending up another foot so I can fix a tap to it. I'll hang a sodastream bottle off the back and Bob is your uncle, Should have it ready in time for the Brewerhood's first meeting.

partybar.jpg

cheers

Browndog

Nah it's a Cocos Palm..... the biggest weed in WA....
They grow from the top, so as long as the hole doesn't kill it I'm laughing...

that fence looks pretty low in the previous photo, whats your address again? :lol:
made me think when i was in the backyard where i could drill a hole.
i dont think i can top that one...once again some nice work
your an ideas man.

Rob.

One in each corner of the back yard would be ideal - i wouldn't have any trouble cutting the grass but then again i could be out there all day even doing some gardening!
Cheers :beerbang:

Asher, nice setup, but how about a bit more technical details how it's fed?

Have you simply drilled through the whole diameter of the trunk and have a keg/kegerator on the other side?

Tim

I like that. Mrs. Palm. All you need are her five daughters and you could have six beers on tap. :lol:

Like it. :beerbang:

Warren -

One in each corner of the back yard would be ideal - i wouldn't have any trouble cutting the grass but then again i could be out there all day even doing some gardening!
Cheers :beerbang:

And imagine how good a game of backyard cricket would be if you made each tree the stumps! Top class! :chug:

Latest posts

Back