Citrus / passionfruit Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ScottyDoesntKnow said:
I brewed this and bottled 2 weeks ago, couldn't wait any longer and got stuck into it tonight. I dry hopped with 6.5g/l split between 5 days and then 2. Easily the most hop forward beer I've made to date, alot darker in colour than i expected too! Epic beer, probably my best to date, thanks for sharing the recipe.
Awesome to hear and glad it's not just me thinking it's good :)

I didn't end up backing the crystal off when I brewed this again but will take the dark down by 2% I think... I liked the colour but if I can drop a little of that toffee it should let some more hoppage shine a bit more.

That big dry hop tho, fark :p maybe I ought to up it a little... I can certainly see how it would do it good.

It was probably a bit over the top but I only brew small volumes so once I opened the two bags of hops I figured I may as well use them all up! I actually really like the colour, I added gelatine and cold crashed so it's quite clear but the difference holding it up to the light and not is quite contrasting.

capsicum said:
I make a golden ale I call "passion gap" -

Plenty of Citra and galaxy flavour and aroma, then chuck a few cans (or fresh) of passionfruit pulp in secondary. Once the krausen from that fruit sugar settles down, dry hop with galaxy about 2g / litre a few days before kegging. Simple but always popular.
Any chance of a Recipe ??

Latest posts

Back