Citra Hops?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok stuff it this is what im going for tonight

COOPERS INTERNATIONAL Mexican Cerveza
Coppers Brew enhancer 2
500g dex
Glacier 30g 15mins boil
Saflarger US05
Done to 23ltrs

hows that sound!

add another 15-20g of glacier @ 5min.
thats of course if you like hop aroma.

oh and your yeast. which is it. saflager or US05 (ale)? saflager is either s-23 or W34/70

i would use a lager yeast if you want an authentic lager taste and if you have temperature control. if you dont have temp control then use an ale yeast like US05 or S-04

edit: after re-reading the whole thread i can see that you indeed got the same advice and probably intended to use US05 and your above wording of saflagerUS05 was probably a mistake

yer sorry copy and pasted wrong lol US05 will be what im using.

instead of waiting for my hoips to be delievered, how does using some lime zest sound?? straight into the fermentor?

I fannied about with this in the UK when I was trying to make lager. Kaffir Lime leaves. Lemon Grass. Lemon/Lime zest. They'll all give you a citrus, but it'll be knocked into touch if you over hop, or go heavy on the malts - i mean brew darker beers). Use about 5 Kaffir Leaves to 22-25 litres (more if you're more hoppy than a Corona), boil the leaves in some water and cool, dumping into the secondary/late ferment. If you go lemon zest (the juice & pith will just add sour and bitter - you might like it), I reckon about 2 to 4 fruit for 25 litres. Lemon grass is more subtle, but I've not used it.
What I settled on was a whole jar of Roses Lime Marmalade dropped in just before flame out (just the contents - not the jar!! - you could add it to your dissolving malts before you boil your hops), two limes worth of zest when I pitched the yeast and two limes worth of zest into the secondary.
FWIW, i used 1056 yeast (which I believe is pretty much US05).
I made it for a mate... he drank it... he said it was OK? Personally, I'm not a lager drinker - but fun making it.

Oh yeah, Sorachi Ace is a pretty lemony hop - if you can get it... I think it was a cross between Brewers Gold and Saaz... I think... Sapporo invented it.

thanks mate

grrrrrrrr no one in adel stocks any of theses damn hops. not a very good range at all..
can get this all from craft brewer but the postage is worth more then the hops i want!!!!!!!!!!
Bla

Latest posts

Back