Cider Question -hydro Readings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juicefreakz

Reaction score
Gday,

For my cider i used one of those 50ml Pear Extract things (supposably gives the cider a more strongbow like taste)
Just wondering if this 50ml's would make a difference to the Hydrometer Reading?

As, for two consecutive days i had the reading 1.012. Put the extract in yesterday and now its at 1.010. Just asking because i wanted to bottle today, but also want to make sure its finished fermenting..

thanks!

Hard to say without knowing what else you have put into it and what yeast you have used.

The extract (is it one of those spirit flavourings ?) shouldn't make that much of a difference to the SG of the brew. At 1.010 it doesn't sound like it's completely finished, but as I said, it's hard to say.

For example, I made a cider from apple juice, yeast nutrient and S04 and it went from 1.042 to 1.004

fair enough. yeah its one of those spirit flavourings.

OG was 1046. used 1kilo brewing sugars (brewcraft #15) and about 200grams of white sugar. with the can yeast from Black Rock Cider can.
Been 12 days now. im just going to leave it a few more anyway. just to be sure. no harm in that

Latest posts

Back