Cider Advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adz2332

Reaction score
About to make my second cider

Will be looking at a sweeter cider this time so a heap more lactose... anyway

Im also looking at a more bubbly champine type of cider.

My questions are

1. could i use a champain yeast to give it more of a champain feel? Would using this make any differance over say a US 05 yeast?

2. if it does make a differance what yeast would you recommed for temps of a round 22deg??

Or am i totally on the wrong track!!

About to make my second cider

Will be looking at a sweeter cider this time so a heap more lactose... anyway

Im also looking at a more bubbly champine type of cider.

My questions are

1. could i use a champain yeast to give it more of a champain feel? Would using this make any differance over say a US 05 yeast?

2. if it does make a differance what yeast would you recommed for temps of a round 22deg??

Or am i totally on the wrong track!!

I've not tried much in the way of Cider yet, but I did read that a champagne yeast will dry it out more, and ruin the sweetness you are looking for. I think a low attenuating yeast will be what you are after.

Have a read here : http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/anyone-kno...enuation-23387/

Champagne yeast all the way. Add fruit and pear juice too! It will be very, very dry though, so be aware. I've got one kegged at the moment that has rasperries. :icon_cheers:

can you not back sweeten a highly attenuated champagne yeast brew with Lactose?

Or add it in at the beginning which is what I do. Probably best to boil it up first and let it cool.

Back