Christchurch Earthquake

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I put a log on the "no topic" subforum but - understandably - a lot of members don't browse there, so I'm promoting it to "The Pub".

Anyway, message is that when the appeal details get finalised and published, give give give. They went out of their way to help us with the floods and cyclones, let's give back :icon_cheers:

I'll be giving to the Red Cross NZ like last year, which is a good option IMHO.

Poor buggers.

The twisted hop building is rather damaged, which is really sad :(

All of our brewers in Christchurch are luckily OK, but many a brewery has been, to quote Ralph from Three Boys "Fu*ked"

Also Pomeroys an awesome craft beer pub has had its building totally destroyed :(

The Twisted Hop was the highlight of my trip to NZ a few years back. I'm sure Stephen would remember me but frankly don't know what I'd say if I were to write to him. I will join their mailing list and as soon as I hear they are back open I'll pack up wife and child and have a holiday over there I suppose.

The little square they were in was beautiful even though it is almost an industrial area, only the kiwis can do beautiful industrial areas I suppose.

Twisted Hop

I never got to meet Ralph from Three Boys but spoke to him several times and his generosity to somebody that he had only spoken to on the phone that just happened to be like minded was awesome. He organised to have some of his beers delivered to the Hop because he was too embarrassed about the state of his new brewery (he was moving at the time) to have me over there. Now his brewery is trashed.

Bloody cyring shame. Nice people in a beautiful town. I know it's a city but it felt like a town.

A flashback to what it looked like when I was there. My Twisted Hop visit

Latest posts

Back