Chilli! All Things Chillies.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wilkensone said:
Just wondering if anyone could give some advice on a couple good varieties to get into growing chillies? I'm definitely not a hot head but would like to work up to using it more in cooking!
Lemon Aji are great for Seafood

D'Abol are traditional mexican.

Both produce well.

PM me or see chilli seed swap thread

Mmmm....

Cut up about 2 handfulls of fresh picked Naga Bons this morning....

9 hrs latter my hands are still burning...despite washing with soap several times.

The burning is actually getting worse as the day goes...

When I lift the lid on the pot with the sauce I am making ( 30% Naga Bons 70% passata )....you cant even smell it...it just burns...

Yeeeehaaaaa

Ducatiboy stu said:
Mmmm....

9 hrs latter my hands are still burning...despite washing with soap several times.

The burning is actually getting worse as the day goes...

When I lift the lid on the pot with the sauce I am making ( 30% Naga Bons 70% passata )....you cant even smell it...it just burns...

Yeeeehaaaaa
You obviously have not gone pee since this morning.

:lol:

Ducatiboy stu said:
Mmmm....

Apparently oil is the go as the capsaicin is fat soluble.

Indica...your pack is in the mail

Shaunus.......your getting a jar of this " ****...I just licked the spoon....faark....**** its...****...****...its hot..."

Thanks. BTW it's raining here, there is a Cat 1 cyclone above my house.... bahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Tabasco I have growing

Its already been picked once....the fruits are very oily...and have a great flavour.

Cant wait untill it fully ripense.....

Tabasco Sauce

2014-04-08 11.14.44.jpg

Ducatiboy stu said:
Indica...your pack is in the mail
Shaunus.......your getting a jar of this " ****...I just licked the spoon....faark....**** its...****...****...its hot..."
Hahahaha I don't know wether to thank you or not.

Sounds mean Stu. Cheers.

Well....dip your finger in and expect 30mins of tingling mouth & lips....

It almost makes your lips and mouth numb.

The burn is addictive....it is that good...

20140413_1521141.jpg

I was poking around and comparing various sickly and scrawny neglected superhots at Bunnings and asked the bloke a question on price. He said if I take the lot, then he'd mark them to a buck each. Fifteen bucks later, I am replacing my lost attempt at growing a bunch of 7 Pod Jonahs. I saw a Butch T and there is a larger red Bhut as well, but the bulk are Jonahs, which I am very happy with.

My life has been a bit crap of late (on the up), it is funny that something like this would make me so happy.

That Tabasco looks like it is going ape. Def enough for a 60ml bottle of sauce out of that.

Just got a butch t plant in the mail a month ago, its starting to flower. I was under the mistaken impression that it was the hottest in the world, sadly its not. I ordered some carolina reaper seeds which turned up on friday, cant wait for them to start fruiting (by which time there will probably be a hotter one)

Someone can always piss higher next year, enjoy the fact that no mater whether they are hottest or previously hottest, they will still be unbelievably hot.

I am really happy with the flavour of the Jonahs, so I am keen for more.

Is it not nearly time for chilli plants to shut up shop for a few months? My Chilli's go to sleep and mostly die off (i've since been told to cut them back like a grape vine and keep them covered from frost) for the winter. we get pretty big frosts around here, but im guessing this would be true for everywhere in Aus except maybe Nth QLD who are lucky enough to get 2 seasons in a year as it doesnt get cold enough for many plants to go dormant.

Anyone?

I am going to try to keep these puppies warm over winter. I am moving house and I am considering knocking up a bit of a greenhouse to keep the humidity in and grow out of season. It is easy enough to keep chillis over winter in Perth.

my mum grows chillis all year round in bundaberg, hopefully here in brisbane it will be warm enough over winter.

ekul said:
my mum grows chillis all year round in bundaberg, hopefully here in brisbane it will be warm enough over winter.
Doubt it, but see how u go.

Bizier said:
I am going to try to keep these puppies warm over winter. I am moving house and I am considering knocking up a bit of a greenhouse to keep the humidity in and grow out of season. It is easy enough to keep chillis over winter in Perth.
Yeh I gotta get around to building a big one for all my plants, gets hot and dry as fuk in summer, heavy arvo winds, then cold below freezing with big frosts several mornings through-out winter, floods often also. Then the wild storms on top, all my poor plants never stand a chance.

When chillies get into 7pot/Naga/Butch T etc it really doesnt matter....you would be flat out picking the difference. Plus it also depends on growing conditions, fertilizer, soil etc. I have 2 scorps next to each other and they are both slightly different.....

Back