Chilli! All Things Chillies.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some cool seed trays with lids from Aldi this morning ($10 each). Just put in my seeds from Tony. 7 pot, Goats Weed, Bhut Jolokia and Devils tongue.

Cheers Tony!

Was putting the seeds in the palm of my hand to put in their punnets.....for some reason a bit later I licked my palm! Fark! Even the seeds are painful :lol:

Steve

Edit: Farrrrrk. Its even on my finger tips! And theyve been washed!

:) dont rub your eye mate :)

It will be interested to see how the plants come out.

They were open polinated so it will be interesting.

cheers

I gave a heap of the seeds you sent me Tony to a mate who lives down in the plains. He grows his chillies in 1/2 wine barrels and get monster crops compared to me. So he will be growing them for me! I'll grow the vegies that do well in my climate and swap.

He also made a nice smoked chilli powder by using his weber to smoke/dry birds eye chillies and then ground them to a powder. Awesome for adding a smoky flavour to food without blowing your head off.

Good idea on the soil/compost by the trailer load. Will definitely grab some instead of the excessive price i pay for 'good' potting mix.

And cheers for the fertiliser tip, would explain why my chillies grow so fast and flower but then drop more than half of the flowers before pollinating when using seasol only. Bass liquid potash is one i've seen before.

Wooo Hooooooo

10 of the 20 Tomatoe seeds are up already. (thanks Mantis... half are your seeds). 2 are up completly and the others are little green hoops that should be up and ready for a photo shoot in a day or 2

And i have one Chilli hoop....... a Chocolate halanero variant i got seeds from.... from a fella in Florida. There long and squigly instrad of fat and round.

I really REALLY want the Douglah and Scorpion seeds to shoot..... the rest dont really matter after these to ATM. I want one of each but i REALLY want these 2 this year. They are the most rare and extreme chilli's there are!

Oooooo exciting times :)

cheers

I really REALLY want the Douglah and Scorpion seeds to shoot..... the rest dont really matter after these to ATM. I want one of each but i REALLY want these 2 this year. They are the most rare and extreme chilli's there are!

....as Pauline used to say....please explain.
Where are these from?

Ahhh the Douglah and Scorpion are from trinidad. You will be lucky to get a google result on the Douglah.... there very rare. I got some seeds direct from Trinidad :)

they are basicly an ugly as hell wrinkly spiky brown blob of heat that says F#%K OFF.

The Trinidad Scorpion is similar to the 7 Pot but has a pointy tail that sticks out the bottom and is aparently hotter :eek:

Ohhhh i want them to grow.

cheers

Edit: I will try and find a good picture of both tomorrow night and post them up

cheers

they are basicly an ugly as hell wrinkly spiky brown blob of heat that says F#%K OFF.

one nomination for the funniest post thread :lol:

Cheers
Steve

Well i have one Douglah plant sprouted :)

Also a couple Big Jims i got seeds from Mantis, A few Faria which is a Tobago Scotch Bonnet i got from a fella in FLorida. A heap of hot lemons, chocolate habs and one chilli i got seeds form a person in Trinidad called the Hot Cherry.

Still more to grow as well. I think its going to be a hot summer!

cheers

Ok found some pictures of the Douglah.

These are pics taken by a fella in Canada that grows more chilli per month than i will in 40 years.

The seeds i got are direct from Trinidad... smuggled back to the USA and then posted to my brother here in Aus.

I have had 2 of them shoot.

These things are so rare not even google finds much. cant wait to get them going

cheers

Douglah.jpg

douglah_1.jpg

Douglah_2.jpg

Ok found some pictures of the Douglah.

These are pics taken by a fella in Canada that grows more chilli per month than i will in 40 years.

The seeds i got are direct from Trinidad... smuggled back to the USA and then posted to my brother here in Aus.

I have had 2 of them shoot.

These things are so rare not even google finds much. cant wait to get them going

cheers

Yep - they definately look like they are saying f*&^$ck off or I will seriously hurt you. They are mean looking.
Cheers
Steve

could someone who has a bit of experience with habanero plants have a look at this and tell me if it will come good or if i should just get a new hab plant

imgp0148h.jpg

my birdseye is also fairly grim looking but it is starting to sprout new leaves

Hey Bubba.

Cut it back by about half..... take all the smaller branches off and let fresh shoots sprout from the larger parts you leave.

cheers

My first go at growing from seed.

Birds eye seed from a pod I got from coles:

And seeds from a rainbow chilli plant my wife bought me last year:

And my glory yet to sprout a couple of 7 pot seeds from yours truly here. All "L" is lettuce that was put down same day as the roma tomatoes and 7 pot. Interesting watching the germination times etc....

DSCF2595__Large_.JPG

DSCF2590__Large_.JPG

DSCF2586__Large_.JPG

Made Chilli sauce today.

Cranked out a couple bottles of my madrass sauce but didnt make it as hot as my step son has taken a liking it it. Its so nice you just want to pour it over your meat........ and too much heat makes this a challenge for the young and old... and most humans :)

I also found a bag of tobasco chillis in my freezer that my Little Bro grew last year. I de stalked them and added them to a pot with some white vinigar, water, salt and a touch of pepper and sugar. Simmered it for 15 min to soften the chilli then blended it. poured it through a strained to remove the chunkys and put ti back in the blender. Added a touch of Xanthan gum to give it some body and bottled it up.

Man its hot and it is the most iridecent colour........ i recon it will glow in the dark.

Its so much better than Tobasco!........ not hard though.

cheers

Sauce_Tobasco_Madras832x1248.jpg

Geez, those Doughlas look like some nasty sort of groin injury...

Thanks for the link to Clarksons Times bit, DiscoStu. It was a good read, but this caught my eye down the bottom on the comments page:

Jeremy, I have jeans, casual/suit jacket and scruffy hair. Can I have a job on top gear please? PS sort of interested in cars a bit, and have strong opinions about irrelevant subjects.
That alone would have been funny enough, but this followed it:

Steve xxx
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious - boingk

I put my seeds from Tony down about a month ago now. Most sprouted, but since then the weather has been totally crap here and they have stalled. Got some 7 pots and Goats weed. The Bhut Jolokia and Devils tongue havent come up :( Will get them out of the seed trays and get them in the ground on the weekend.
Cheers
Steve

I found this recipe on the internets...sounds awesome!

Crazy Habanero Hot Sauce

Ingredients:

6 Habanero chillies
12 hot red chillies
6 jalapeno chillies
2 small onions
a quantity of white vinegar (maybe 2 cups?)
a similar quantity of stolichnaya vodka
a generous squirt of tomato sauce
a splash of worcestershire sauce
a modicum of salt

Method: remove stems from chillies, chop onions, combine everything in blender and let that fucker fly.

The resultant sauce can best be described as zingy, slightly nutty, and face-meltinlgy fiery. Use sparingly. Store in an empty (but unrinsed) single malt scotch bottle, preferably with a cork, and some kind of locking mechanism that prevents you from opening it unless you really think long and hard about what you're about to do.

Warning: this product may cause discombobulation, involuntary gurning, and excess consumption of dairy products.

Tony, can I jump into the que now and ask for some seeds (if any) from the first seed harvest of those nasty wrinkly lumps of lava concentrate known as the Douglah?

Cheers matey

P.s. me first hehehehe :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back