CheekyPeak Brewery 6.8kg CO2 bottle (Brew Mate)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proffs

Reaction score
maxim0200 said:
I think they are the kegsonlegs cylinders. Correct me if im wrong though.
purely from the picy, they don't look like them ?

Im ordering one this week. Dont buy on ebay if your in vic. Buy on their website $15 delivery.

Yep, order directly from them.

I have one I got off ebay from them, before I knew they had their own site. (I think mine is 6kg). But they are great to deal with and really helpful.
(Also the cheapest sodastream adapters I've seen anywhere)

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Home Brewer

I would presume most home brew shops would refill them right? Maybe a little negotiation on price for an abnormal size bottle tho...

Try http://www.mykegonlegs.com.au/co2_cylinder_sales.php

Filling your co2 tank seems impossible in sydney (not shure about bne) but you can swap it for a refilled one at afew stores.

Else try, fire extinguisher shops, aquarium shops.

Anywhere that boc gasses supplies wont fill your tank up, unfortunatly those buggers have a monopoly on the system :(

Proffs , I'm keen to find out who will refill them as most home brew shops on the north side will not, they only have the keg on legs swap and go system. You will also then have to get the cylinder rechecked very couple of years (I think it's about 5). I also found that some home brew shops wouldn't even swap the keg on legs brand if you didn't buy it from them, I got a second hand keg on legs cylinder thinking they would swap it but no (so I don't shop there anymore). CB does swap the keg on legs if you haven't brought the from them, that's why I got my second 6kg from them, (about $340 full and $50 for the refill swap and go never have to worry about rechecking etc) I knew there would be no problems.
I have a mate you wants to get into kegging and that price you found is great and if you can get it refilled easily even better! Please post if you find somewhere and the price as it might be cheaper than the swap and go system

Natdene said:
Where do you get them refilled in Brisbane?
North or South side?

North side there is a Brew By U place in Brendale, they refill on the spot for $65 for a 6.8kg bottle, they don't care about brand either, no one else around will fill my ex BOC cylinder.

You must have been typing at the same time as me! Thanks Donske!

That's great, give them a call, (not for me I'm north side) also I checked and it's every 10 years you have to get the cylinder tested. So if you do the sums for 10 years and say filling once a year @ $45, and say $50 for testing, you end up $100 cheaper than a my keg on legs.

Natdene said:
Where do you get them refilled in Brisbane?

Jeff at Home Brew shop at Cleveland refills 6.8kg bottles for $50 while u wait.

NewtownClown said:
Most aquarium stores fill co2.
I don't know a LHBS in Sydney that doesn't swap co2 bottles
Mittagong LHBS (1.5hrs from Sydney tho) fills bottles on site. CHEAAAAP. too.

Latest posts

Back