70lt Melbourne ebay pots - any experiernce?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazfletch3

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with stainless pots from this ebay seller in Melbourne?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321332704181&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123

The same pot is listed under both "Good Seller 3" and "Great Deals 3", which I figure is the same seller.

$135 for a 70lt pot that I can pick up myself is pretty hard to beat; but having read all the problems associated with Handy Imports and the like, Im hoping someone else might have already played guinee pig on this to save me doing it!

Cheers

Baz
(long time lurker - rare, if ever poster!)

I missed that one! Only thing is that Im thinking of starting a little rebuild from scratch project which would need 3 shiny pots that all look the same to keep the wank factor high - remembering that wank factor is very important!

Cheers

Baz

The challenge is with some of the folks importing these pots is that sometimes they come from different suppliers and sometimes they have different models. Even with the same model and the same supplier, you can't be sure that the quality is the same all the way through.

I purchased two Handy Imports pots at the time and they were different models and both were different from the advertised product, which is why I was able to get a full refund. Both had issues with spots of rust which I am led to believe is related to not using enough or the correct pickling paste after welding.

With that in mind, I would look at someone who is a local supplier so you can go there in case something isn't right with the goods.
Before you start drilling holes, make sure to test the pots for any leaks and rust.

The $135 ones look fairly good in the picture, however the pot you get from them might vary from the picture.

They state heavy duty and thick walls which you would hope might make for a more expensive product to manufacture, which in turn you would hope means that they might pay more attention to the manufacturing process.

Cheers

Roller

That $85 job doesn't look like is has a heavy base like the other.

The $85 job reminds me of a pot I saw advertised new somewhere; but Ive looked at so many pots on so many websites that Ive started to do my head in!

Although for me, the base thickness doesnt worry me too much as I plan on putting electric elements into them - having said that its probably a decent indicator of the overall pot quality.....

Apparently the soga pots are a great buy, value vs. quality. Will link the ebay page when I get home. Bit more expensive, but great quality.

Thanks I completely forgot. I'm sure you can arrange pickup.

Shipping for the 70lit pot is only $25 and you can also make an offer.
I got my 50lit pot for $105 plus shipping, they are a good heavy pot.
Cheers Mario

Those pots Look good. Does anyone have 1 of these yet? Just wondering about the handle construction; is it riveted, welded or shitty spot welds? I got some photos sent from the supplier I linked to in my first post, and the handles look to have a standard basic rivet shot from the inside out, which doesn't look too flash. Pity though, apart from that the pots look good, and closer to me to pickup on the right side of town.

In brewing the use of the handles is to move the pot when it's empty or should be :huh:

Yeah I hear you, re the use of handles and carrying hot heavy pots. Im just using that as a bit of a guide as to the overall build quality - if they're skimping on that, what else have they skimped on......

:)

Latest posts

Back