• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cheapest Perth Brewshop?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tworotor

Reaction score
hey guys im new to this stuff, but ive got my mind set on having beer on tap at home!!!

so far i have a dual celli tap font (freebie from my uncle!!!)

cheapie co2 reg from ebay

and a largish bar fridge, that im hoping to bend the freezer out of the way so i can have the tap on top... we'll see how that goes :unsure:

so where is the best place to buy kegs? i want 3 cornelius ones
also the ball lock fittings? i need 4 and dont want to pay 20bucks each

is the fireextinguiser still the best option for co2 in perth? anyone selling a second hand co2 bottle?

cheers, Tim

so where is the best place to buy kegs? i want 3 cornelius ones
also the ball lock fittings? i need 4 and dont want to pay 20bucks each
is the fireextinguiser still the best option for co2 in perth? anyone selling a second hand co2 bottle?

For kegs you can't beat Roy's ones at TWOC in Bibra Lake (Stock Road Markets). Very cheap ($65 from memory?)
Seriously well worth a visit. He also does the best partial kits in my opinion (I even stockpiled a bundle before heading back to Canberra recently).

For ball lock fittings, you won't get them cheap from a store in Perth. Better off getting them online, either eBay or craftbrewer.

Not sure on the gas. I just hired a cylinder from BOC. A bottle lasted me about 18 months.

Welcome to the forum Timothy !

I found Eversafe fire protection in Maddington really helpful for my Cylinder.
U 1/ 29 Emerald Rd Maddington 6109
(1300 88 2044). Ask to speak to John - he knows what you are talking about if you mention homebrew.
His customer service has been 'enhanced' by buyers also dropping off a few bottles of their creation :) .
I got my 5Kg converted cylinder for around $130.

Keg wise there are a few options. Neville at Gryphon Brewing and Roy at TWOC both sell then for $65-75 which is pretty fair. Disconnects are available from a number of places. It's worth ringing Roy and Neville and then comparing that to Craftbrewer after you have factored in freight etc. As far as fittings are concerned I am sold on the John Guest Push Fit fittings which Craftbrewer sells (which can be found locally at good plumbing shops locally known as Push Fit Connectors). Just make sure you buy the correct fittings to match the beerline's 'outside diameter'.
Cheers
Doug

cheers guys,

john from eversafe is hooking me up with a 5kg ali fire extinguisher for $160

TWOC does non-recon kegs for $75 and recon for $102

do you have the number for gryphon brewing?

everyone seems to be selling disconnects for 20bucks, it cost $55 for 4 delived from craftbrewer compared to $80 here

Gryphon brewing is a guy called Neville. He is much closer to you than TWOC. The number I have for him is 6278 2458.

What is involved in the reconditioning of a keg? Is it cleaning and the replacement of just the grommets and seals, or the valves as well?

I got my corny from Roy at TWOC for about 70 dollars, I gather this was a non-reconditioned keg; it needed a good clean to get the Pepsi syrup out (but that's nothing a little boiling water and some elbow grease can't fix).

I have a golden amarillo APA carbing up in it right now, and the keg holds a perfect seal. I am planning on getting another two this coming Saturday, I was in there on Tuesday and saw about 7 or 8 kegs left for sale. Hurry up before I buy them all :D

What is involved in the reconditioning of a keg? Is it cleaning and the replacement of just the grommets and seals, or the valves as well?

I got my corny from Roy at TWOC for about 70 dollars, I gather this was a non-reconditioned keg; it needed a good clean to get the Pepsi syrup out (but that's nothing a little boiling water and some elbow grease can't fix).

I have a golden amarillo APA carbing up in it right now, and the keg holds a perfect seal. I am planning on getting another two this coming Saturday, I was in there on Tuesday and saw about 7 or 8 kegs left for sale. Hurry up before I buy them all :D

Whatever is required. Normally if the keg is in good nick it's just a case of a thorough cleaning and replacing all seals. Occasionally poppets and PRV.

Don't be suprised if your beer tastes faintly like pepsi :) Also, I'm pretty sure he has more than 7 or 8. I'd give him a call but I thought he had another pallet out the back.

cheers guys,

everyone seems to be selling disconnects for 20bucks, it cost $55 for 4 delived from craftbrewer compared to $80 here
Just a quick note on disconects.The genuine Cornelius disconnects have a stainless steel center pin.The cheaper copies I got from the USA have a plastic pin which in my case some have bent making them no good for use ( gas leaking).I now only stock the cornelius disconnects.Its up to how much you want to spend.Im not trying to put you off the cheaper ones just trying to explain the different costs.
Gryphon Brewing

cheers guys,

Timothy,

I recently got a converted 5KG aluminium Fire extinguisher from a fella that Roger Melllie put me onto in Belmont for $140.00(PM-me for details). I work near Belmont so it worked out sweet and but Maddington is close to Kala and only a quick spin away(NB:I live in Lezzo).

cheers
Chilla

Hi Timothy
Im suprised no one has mentioned it but if you are not a member of West Coast Brewers club then join before August 13 and go in the draw for 3 kegs plus a 25kg sack of grain.
Tell em Big D sent you. ;)

Cheers
Big D

Wasn't there a giveaway to the guy to sign up the most new members ? :D

I've got 2 corny's, one from Malthouse, the other from TWOC. Never bothered replacing the seals and they've been fine. Corny's that have had ginger beer are the real problem. Last time I was out back at Roy's, he had more than just one pallet out there.

Disconnects I've got from E-bay and Craftbrewer, all seem to have plastic centre pins. If you bend them I'd suggest you're being a bit rough on the equipment. They're pretty stout sorta plastic.

Wasn't there a giveaway to the guy to sign up the most new members ? :D

I've got 2 corny's, one from Malthouse, the other from TWOC. Never bothered replacing the seals and they've been fine. Corny's that have had ginger beer are the real problem. Last time I was out back at Roy's, he had more than just one pallet out there.

Disconnects I've got from E-bay and Craftbrewer, all seem to have plastic centre pins. If you bend them I'd suggest you're being a bit rough on the equipment. They're pretty stout sorta plastic.
Yeh Im rough on them but I havent managed to bend the stainless ones yet and I say YET.Just seem to try and jam the wrong disconnect on the wrong post.A bit more light in the shed might help.

Back