• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cheap Legal 50 Litre Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren

Beer Dog
Reaction score
Howdy,

I have sourced some LEGAL 50 litre kegs. They are the "CUB style" but are not CUB kegs. They are second hand but can be used to keg and dispense beer from. They have rubber on the top and bottom so I am unsure of their usability for a bottom fired boiler. I suspect the rubber will will come off with a bit of help though.

These kegs are $150 each and there are only 20 of them. Buyer to pay freight from Melbourne.

If there is any interest I will post some pics next week.

cheers

Darren

I should have added $135 each for all 20

Just testing the water here Darren, but how much do you think freight to Canberra might be?

PZ.

Post pics please.

This could take a while.

Heres one

Kegs_008.jpg

Are you sure these are "legal kegs" Darren? They are marked with the NZ Breweries crest and probably were used to ship beer into Australia. Probably worth double checking............

Wes

Yep,

Have documentation for sale confiming legality.

cheers

Darren

Good one thanks Darren. Always like to be on the lookout for second hand kegs that may belong to some of our microbrewers who buy these in fairly significant quantities to move their beers around the country.

On the price though, we would normally see these sorts of kegs at $80 to $100 plus something for your trouble. New price would be around $180.

Wes

Let me know where you want the container delivered, pay your money and its yours mate.

Wes

I just want 20. Whats your price on 20 mate?

cheers

Darren

Darren, I would go and have a chat to your local HBS.

Wes

Kirem
I think the point was that while 20 might be a lot for a home brewer it isnt a commercial quantity. Wes said container, if you want a few like Darren was talking about you are shopping retail not wholesale.

MHB

Daren
I am a retailer; this isnt the Retail Shop, if you want a quote PM or e-mail me or any of a dozen other retailers. Happy to supply you, but I am not going to discuss prices here.

MHB

Daren
I am a retailer; this isnt the Retail Shop, if you want a quote PM or e-mail me or any of a dozen other retailers. Happy to supply you, but I am not going to discuss prices here.

MHB

NO worries MHB,
I am not a retailer just a homebrewer trying to help out homebrewers with an alternative.

cheers

Darren

Hi All,

I must admit I'm a bit confused by some of the exchanges here, nonetheless ... Darren can you give some idea what the freight codt might be, I'm in Perth but I'm sure others would be interested in freight to other capitals.

cheers

Patrick

i read this 4 times and now my haed is spinning.

And i havnt drank much either.

confuse.

cheers

Seems this thread is going in circles...?!

I was at Grain & Grape in Melbourne on the weekend and they have a pallet of what looked like 50ltr kegs (SS with blue stripe around the middle). Not sure if they were for sale, but I'm sure legit 50ltr kegs aren't as hard to get hold of as some people are suggesting...

$0.02's worth :)

Back