Cheap Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QldKev said:
I'm intrested in this. OK, these may sound like stupid questions, but

$13.00 kg is that for any of the hops described?
Does this include postage?
I'm also in Bundaberg.
Do you need to order in 1kg lots.

Thanks
[post="107388"][/post]​

Yep $13 per/kg for the varieties specified, not including postage you can can pick up from the collections stations listed for your area. If you just want 1/2 or 1/4 kg i guess you could arrange to split a kg with other people in your area that could work, best bet would be to try and get in contact with your collection station, thats what im doing :)

Just to set the record straight, the hops are still on the bines, they are so fresh they haven't been picked yet :p , they will be processed and packed and delivered to collection point by around 1st of MAY. I will take orders for The central Qld area ONLY for lots of 500g or 1 kilo any variety at $13.00 a kilo that includes freight to ME. If you can't pick them up you will need to pay postage to you.
THESE ARE PLUGS NOT PELLETS
Hallertau - 4.9
Tettnang - 4.2
Cluster - 5.2
Nugget - 10
Pride of Ringwood - 10
Pride Plus - 13

and the AA ratings are not known yet as they are still not picked.
Place your orders with me by 19 FEB.
email is
[email protected]
orders only taken by email.

Cheers
Andrew

Would still love to know how they compare with thier European counterparts - a false saving unless they are comparable...

Anyone actually compared them??

This is an email i recieved from Graham regarding getting in touch with collection stations to place an order.

"Mate, please pass this on to the other forums you are part of.

I will be giving full contact details this weekend, and again on Monday and again during next week. I hope people will pass this onto other forums. I haven't given details yet to avoid these guys getting swamped by orders from "earlybirds".

The full details will come.

Thanks mate

Shout
Graham L Sanders"

I will take orders for The central Qld area ONLY for lots of 500g or 1 kilo any variety at $13.00 a kilo that includes freight to ME. If you can't pick them up you will need to pay postage to you.

Andrew, why is the minimum 500grams? I would have thought more people would buy if they could get 250 grams of different hops rather than 500grams of just one or two types. After all, you're still buying by the kilo, just breaking them up arent you?
Or am I missing something??(Fairly common with me :( )

Breaky

Hi Breaky,
The main reason I won't break them down to smaller than 500g is I don't have the time. And lets face it at $6.50 for 500g of hops thats cheaper than 100g from your local HBS and you can't buy smaller that that from them. SOOO if you want the hops it is 500g @ $6.50 or $13.00 for 1 kilo. Remember this is a once a year buy of the freshest hops that will last you another year hence Bulk buy. If 500g is too much split with some friends :D

Cheers
Andrew

I might jump at some Hallertau and Cluster(1kg of each)....so is the Syd/Gong contact on here????(is it Muga???)

Linz said:
I might jump at some Hallertau and Cluster(1kg of each)....so is the Syd/Gong contact on here????(is it Muga???)
[post="107442"][/post]​

I'm tempted to go 500gr each of Tettnang and Hallertau. Anyone else in Sydney keen ?

Doc

Doc said:
Linz said:
[post="107442"][/post]​

I'm tempted to go 500gr each of Tettnang and Hallertau. Anyone else in Sydney keen ?

Doc
[post="107443"][/post]​

Yeah, but i was going to go 1kg of each while its cheap.

or is it mje....???

atleast I can pick up and Transport from the Gong...

Linz said:
or is it mje....???

[post="107445"][/post]​

Only a drop off point in Wollongong at the moment, why don't one of you sydney brewers put you hand up to be a drop off point, contact Graham Sanders and he will add you to his list.

Cheers
Andrew

AndrewQLD said:
Linz said:
or is it mje....???

[post="107445"][/post]​

Only a drop off point in Wollongong at the moment, why don't one of you sydney brewers put you hand up to be a drop off point, contact Graham Sanders and he will add you to his list.

Cheers
Andrew
[post="107481"][/post]​

I would but i do shift work, and am quite often working when everyone else is not... so that could be inconvenient.

I would be keen for a couple of kg in Melbourne.
Any other takers ?

Luke

Linz said:
[post="107442"][/post]​

I'm the Syd/Gong contact. I live in the Gong and work in Syd (Surry Hills). If people don't want the full kilo then I'll split into lots of 500g. PM me if you have any questions.

I guess we'll work out the logistics of delivery a little closer to time.

thanks,
mycle.

Lukes said:
I would be keen for a couple of kg in Melbourne.
Any other takers ?

Luke
[post="107492"][/post]​

I'm interested

Snow

Are you the pickup point for Brisbane, If not I don't mind doing the split up if public concensis is 500g bags as at this price it would be hard to pass up on.

Regards Derrick

mycle said:
I'm the Syd/Gong contact. I live in the Gong and work in Syd (Surry Hills). If people don't want the full kilo then I'll split into lots of 500g. PM me if you have any questions.

I guess we'll work out the logistics of delivery a little closer to time.

thanks,
mycle.
[post="107493"][/post]​

You're a brave and community spirited man, mycle. I imagine there'll be quite a bit of demand from those two areas. Just counting myself and 4 friends, I think we'll be in for about 10 kilos. I'll be in touch when I get my group to finalise. I can then split up between us to save you doing 5 separate orders.

Crazy said:
Snow

Are you the pickup point for Brisbane, If not I don't mind doing the split up if public concensis is 500g bags as at this price it would be hard to pass up on.

Regards Derrick
[post="107518"][/post]​

Crazy,

no a guy called Jayson (Ozbrewer?) is the Brisbane pick-up atm. I think he's Northside.

Cheers - Snow

I'm keen for 1kg each of Hallertau, tettnanger and nugget.

Latest posts

Back