Cheap Craftbeer On The Gold Coast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozpowell

Reaction score
If you live on the Gold Coast, you may want to check out the "bin end" box at the front of the Broadbeach Dan Murphy's. They have a bunch of craft beers on sale.

Couple of examples: Murray's Nirvana PA 4 pack - $4.95, Baron's Lager 6 pack - $4.95!!!

Note - the beers are about a month past their BBE date - I'll let you know if they're dodgy once I've chilled them.

If you live on the Gold Coast, you may want to check out the "bin end" box at the front of the Broadbeach Dan Murphy's. They have a bunch of craft beers on sale.

Couple of examples: Murray's Nirvana PA 4 pack - $4.95, Baron's Lager 6 pack - $4.95!!!

Note - the beers are about a month past their BBE date - I'll let you know if they're dodgy once I've chilled them.

A sin to have a murrays beer being cleared like that! I will race you all to get there and reclaim them to their rightful purpose!

After some bad experiences, I would never buy beer past use-by. I make a point of checking every time I buy beer from a bottle-o that it's in date. I actually thought they weren't supposed to sell expired product? Should be free!!

FWIW - It's legal to sell product past best before as this is only an indicator of quality.

It is illegal to sell past a use by as this relates to food safety.

Glad you said - I didn't know that actually :)

FWIW - It's legal to sell product past best before as this is only an indicator of quality.

It is illegal to sell past a use by as this relates to food safety.

Meh, I recently drank one of those big bottles of Grolsch with the swing tops, think it was 1.5L

Anyway it was about two years past its used by date and it actually tasted really good! I normally don't like Grolsch.

A month out of used by date I wouldn't be complaining.

Latest posts

Back