Cheap Copper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfeighan

Reaction score
dropped into bunnings today thinking of buying a roll of annealed copper as a pre-chiller for my immersion chiller and was pleasantly surprised at the price of $30 for 18m of 1/2" (12.7mm) pipe so i bought 18m instead of the initially planned 6m :)

this is a heck of a lot cheaper than when i bought the copper for my immersion coil last year in march i seem to remember paying roughly $100 then

no affiliation etc, not sure if it is in all bunnings but it was the one in balcatta that i got it from

Thanks Mikey,

I'll drop into the Bundy bunnings and see if they have the same price there. I need to make an immersion chiller so I can return the one I have borrowed off QldKev. Is 18m enough for an immersion chiller do u think? I am doing 46L batches in a cut and shut keggle. I suppose I could join two lengths and have a 36m immersion chiller.

Mate, not sure what the current price is, but $30 for 18 metres - sounds very cheap to me. Think I would be heading back and grabbing a little extra, you could probably flog it off for a profit. For me though the air fair to WA would make it a tad expensive.

i JUST brought 18m of 12.7mm for $109 OUCH! wish it was only $30

Last time I checked Bunnings for copper it wax $90 for like 12m so u got anabsolute bargin. I think they mismarked it

hehe i reckon :p it was marked clearance with a special sticker on all their rolls of 1/2" copper :p
bunnings.JPG

Yeah I got 9m for $18 last weekend and made a small immersion chiller for my extract brews...

Dietz

Cheers , Will be headed to Bunnings tomorrow for copper for an Immmersion Chiller and a Herms,.

hehe i reckon :p it was marked clearance with a special sticker on all their rolls of 1/2" copper :p
bunnings.JPG

How did you get a 10% discount? Best Ive ever done is a 4% trade discount.

Brad

Well my local bunnings was selling the same pipe for $180 and wouldn't beleive that another bunnings was selling it for $30. Ah well, one day.

My local bunnings has that roll at $109 like somebody else mentioned.

dropped into bunnings today thinking of buying a roll of annealed copper as a pre-chiller for my immersion chiller and was pleasantly surprised at the price of $30 for 18m of 1/2" (12.7mm) pipe so i bought 18m instead of the initially planned 6m :)

this is a heck of a lot cheaper than when i bought the copper for my immersion coil last year in march i seem to remember paying roughly $100 then

no affiliation etc, not sure if it is in all bunnings but it was the one in balcatta that i got it from

I strongly suspect that it is a pricing mistake. If I were you I would look into it further. Perhaps you could buy the whole lot they have and sell at a big profit.

I strongly suspect that it is a pricing mistake. If I were you I would look into it further. Perhaps you could buy the whole lot they have and sell at a big profit.

Or . . . . .. pass it onto AHB members at cost +postage :icon_cheers:

Puts name down for 1 :beer:

And didn't that come with an immersion chiller anyway Paul? I'll give 20 bux for it.

it would probably negate the savings with the postage, quite large and heavy. i can check if you like

I'd buy the lot up and sit on it myself for a rainy day or offer it at a small profit to ya local sand groper mates.

I'd have a prechiller in my toilet a spare herms bucket for brew days a magic bucket for parties it would copper madness at my place!!!!

Yep, went down to my local Bunnings, (Rockingham WA). All the copper tubing is on clearance special, no 18 metre left stacks of 6 metre tho for $15. Going to try another store for the 18 metre, if not! out comes the oxy set!!

p.s: I still think bunnings is a rip of for gas!!! :rolleyes:

Back