Cheap Chinese Aliexpress Flow control taps.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I can see they're stainless. Its hard to tell inside but its still silver as far as the light goes in. The springs, screws, retaining clips, washers, nuts and ball bearing are all stainless. I'd assume the body is too, as it doesn't feel heavy enough to be chromed brass.

Rob.P said:
From what I can see. It's a difference of $20-$30 per tap depending on shank length.
Can take up to 2 months to deliver
Some people have complained about faulty taps and received little to no service from the seller.
Great pricing if you get the taps in working order though.
Perhaps the $300 includes all hose and connections, and the six pack required for the build?
~$300 was the price I was looking at for flow control cellis.

What I bought certainly aren't cellis, but for less than a third of the price I'm happy with how they perform. I recall all up they were $68 including delivery for the pair.

They took roughly 10 days to from payment to my door via ems.

Once I get some more gas disconnects and a gas manifold from cheekypeak, I'll probably get another pair of these, but next time I'll see if I can use royale international couriers as I've had good experience with them getting parcels from China in under a week.

I'm not trying to claim these the greatest thing out, but I couldn't shell out the kind of money the local shops have good flow control taps priced at.

The expensive ones will probably last longer and parts will be easier to find, but I had a limited budget to set up a kegerator and for that purpose these taps fit the bill.

I can also sleep OK knowing I didn't fork out hundreds for something that sits out on my deck. The fridge is under lock, key and a lot of chain. Not to mention full of heavy beer. The only thing I could imagine going missing would be the taps. The fridge itself cost me $20 on gumtree, and I got all the lines, some cornys and connectors from the local shop, along with some glassware. I'll support local when I can, but for those on a budget wanting to get into kegging cheaply these taps do the job.

All up the whole setup has cost just over 700. That is 7 cornys, seals, lines, taps, disconnects, gas bottle, reg, fridge, 4 fermenters and 2 cubes and a bunch of connectors and other bits and pieces. Some second hand, some new.

It'd still be under 500 if I didnt realise I needed so many cornys to keep good beer in the pipeline.

Anyway my point is buy local if its in your means. If you're like me and a bit short on recreation funds buy what you can cheap and everything else local.

I bought two of these taps(look the same) from KK.
I'm tempted to order a couple from your link, just figured I'd post up what info I'd cine across so others can make a choice.
Nice work on getting a 7 cornie setup for around $700 btw that's super bargaining.

Those keg king taps do look identical. I never thought to order from them, but they're probably pretty close to the same.

Most of the cornys were the biggest bargains. They pop up from time to time on gumtree but you've got to be the first on it, some of them were $30ea, some $40ea, a little dinged up but all hold pressure. I did get a pair from cb for $70ea which bumped the cost up a bit, but overall I think I've done alright over the couple of months I pieced it together.

The way I see it I would have been buying a carton or two for about 100 a week anyway so instead of buying ready made junk and a full recycling bin, I got a decent hobby with an excuse to drag people over and drink with me.

The last thing I have to do now is work out how often I need to brew to keep the kegs full. Right now they're all full and there's two secondary cubes full as well.

I seem to go between empty and full and not enough in between, alls good. I just gotta find the happy spot where I have enough in the pipeline but not too much to consume.

Latest posts

Back