Cheap Brewing Books

• Thread starter pickledparrot69
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a quick look and it appears the free book offer is only available to us residents?

http://shop.beertown.org/brewers/product.a...7RHWEF4TNBJFFME

Rob.

The promotion I received was via email, with a promo code used at joining for international subscribers.
In fact, here you go:
promo.jpg

A few books to choose from and link to sign up. It's technically a membership to AHA with "free" subscription to Zymurgy.

Cheers
reVox

Hey reVox,

thanks heaps for following this up for us, that really is a great deal!

Rob.

The promotion I received was via email, with a promo code used at joining for international subscribers.
In fact, here you go:
View attachment 33744

A few books to choose from and link to sign up. It's technically a membership to AHA with "free" subscription to Zymurgy.

Cheers
reVox
Great stuff. Just signed up, chose How To Brew as I already have Brewing Classic Styles.

Great stuff. Just signed up, chose How To Brew as I already have Brewing Classic Styles.
Oh good. I can't believe it actually worked. I just made those codes up.

Just kidding :D

I let my sub lapse and this has enticed me to resubscribe. I already own both HTB and BCS, so I'll jump on, "The Best of American Beer and Food: Pairing & Cooking with Craft Beer"
51KJiSFciFL._SS500_.jpg

About the Author (from Amazon.com):
"Lucy Saunders has chronicled the microbrewery movement since 1987, for such publications as Restaurants & Institutions, The Chicago Tribune, Market Watch, and more. A syndicated columnist (The Beer & Food Companion), and food editor of All About Beer, Saunders has also apprenticed in restaurants specializing in cuisine a la biere in the U.K. and Belgium. She has conducted beer tastings for cooking schools, food writers and magazine editors, and organizations such as the International Association of Culinary Professionals. Her cookbook, Cooking With Beer, was published by Time Life in 1996.

Lucy Saunders is the author of The Best of American Beer and Food and editor of beercook.com. She thinks of beer as food and has championed the presence of craft beer at the American table for over 20 years. She now lectures and conducts tasting classes at cooking schools, retailers and non-profit groups, including the Smithsonian. She has worked with the International Association of Culinary Professionals, the Fancy Food Shows, the American Culinary Federation, and other food trade groups to conduct beer and food pairings. She lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. "

Synopsis (from beerbooks.com):
"The Best of American Beer and Food captures the creative energy of chefs, craft brewers and other food artisans who cook with beer and pair flavorful beers from pilsner to porter with hand-crafted foods.

It begins by exploring the art of pairing flavorful beers with specific foods, then turns to recipes that incorporate beer, using the various flavors available from today's ales and lagers as food flavor components.

Early chapters consider pairings for cheese and chocolate giving tips to those wishing to arrange their own tasting events. Saunders then gives a region-by-region review of beer cooking and pairing by today's innovative chefs, showcasing the adaptability of beer to regional and ethnic cuisines. She then turns to consumer-tested recipes that incorporate beer, using the various flavors of today's ales and lagers as food flavor components as well as recommending beers to drink with each dish.

Throughout the book Saunders captures the magic made when beer and food meet with pairings that delight the senses while expanding our appreciation of today's diverse and flavorful craft beers.

Includes 30 color illustrations, 75 recipes"

Kinda has my name written all over it anyway.

Amazon link with 13 reviews.
Link to Lucy's mouth-watering website.

Enjoy the sub. Zymurgy is great and your AHA card will get you a smack of great deals at participating U.S. bars/mb's etc. if you happen to make your way over there.

reVox

Last edited by a moderator:
Sober as a judge I just this minute ordered Ray Daniels, Designing Great Beers. Love the internet & PayPal.

Muchious GrassyArse Senoir Rudy :icon_cheers: . hic.....

Ordered 6.25 pm 9th Dec, arrived 11 am this morning, free shipping all the way from the uk at Christmas by air mail for $25.89 au. Well pleased with that I'll tell you guvner :beer: .

anyone received their zymology mag and free book yet? i havent.

I'd say anything off Amazon at the moment is cheap. I can get three brewing books in the US for the price of one here thanks to the current exchange rate.

Latest posts

Back