• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cheap Bar Fridge For Fermenting/kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBastard

Reaction score
I have for sale for $20 a cheap bar fridge that can fit a fermenter (has the freezer section removed) or you could squeeze in two kegs if you remove some of the door shelves.

It's pretty old but looks alright, painted in black. It leaks though at fermenting temperatures. Not sure if it leaks at normal fridge temps. Just condensation forms inside and it ends up leaking out under the door, so I wouldn't recommend it inside a house, but should be fine in a garage or shed etc.

PM me.

I've taken a picture.

PIC_0089.jpg
DISCLAIMER: Fridge only, keg, tyre, bottles and shower head not included!

If I get no interest I may be taking this to the tip in a week or so.

I wouldn't know for sure but I don't think so.

If you wire up a temp mate controller and use the fridge for fermenting temperatures (like 18 degrees) the fridge doesn't actually run that much, way less than it normally would, so doesn't use as much electricity.

From what I understand no not much electricity.

Looks like the exact two fridges I have for fermentation and they fit most 25/30L fermenters (I have one that doesn't however).

Cost of running is cheap at 18c, mine probably turns on 2-3 times a day for somewhere around 15minutes each time. I'm fairly sure two kegs won't fit however, but I did start out with it as my first keg fridge as well.

I've "fixed" the condensation problem by simply putting a drip tray underneath the fridge. Sure it's not ideal but it works and they're in the garage anyway.

Combined with a Fridgemate this would be a great step up for fermentation control if you're only using frozen water bottles (or nothing at all :ph34r:).

PM Scruffy, he lives down your way and is looking for a fridge.

I've pm'd him. Don't chuck it till youv'e heard from him :)

PM Scruffy, he lives down your way and is looking for a fridge.

I've pm'd him. Don't chuck it till youv'e heard from him :)

No worries mate. Wife wants it gone gone gone though <_<

which part of brissy you in, i might be interested...

Back