Changing Between Two Kegs on One Tap Kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holden4th

Reaction score
I've got two 19L corny kegs sitting in my kegerator and am drinking from just one at the moment. The other corny has a different brew in it and I'd like to try it. If I change over to the the other keg what will happen to the keg I've been using.? As I'm removing the CO2 pressure for the other keg, will it oxidise or will there be enough CO2 in the keg to keep it good.? I have ball lock connectors.

Eventually I'll change to a two tap system but in the meantime I'd like to be able to swap over.

Holden4th said:
I've got two 19L corny kegs sitting in my kegerator and am drinking from just one at the moment. The other corny has a different brew in it and I'd like to try it. If I change over to the the other keg what will happen to the keg I've been using.? As I'm removing the CO2 pressure for the other keg, will it oxidise or will there be enough CO2 in the keg to keep it good.? I have ball lock connectors.

Eventually I'll change to a two tap system but in the meantime I'd like to be able to swap over.
Nothing at all.
The keg will retain the set pressure as if the gas connection was still on there.

All good, just sanitise the connection points between swapping them over. You'll have a bit of the first kegs beer in the line which will be pushed out by the new beer (or clean the line out if you want).

What they said, but I would be getting a line splitter (either john guest or stainless t piece), another gas dissconnect and a little bit of gas line so you can have both kegs hooked up to gas at once. Means you can be conditioning one while drinking the other. Also means that for now you can switch your one beer line back and forth without having to also worry about switching gas lines.

earle said:
What they said, but I would be getting a line splitter (either john guest or stainless t piece), another gas dissconnect and a little bit of gas line so you can have both kegs hooked up to gas at once. Means you can be conditioning one while drinking the other. Also means that for now you can switch your one beer line back and forth without having to also worry about switching gas lines.
Gas line splitter as above, http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=749

Depending on how your kegerator is set up, you could also have one of these on the second keg, http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=729

Back