Changing Beer Line In Flooded Fonts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joel_cabban

Reaction score
Hey i recently bought a new second hand andale font, and need to change the beer lines... i thought it would be a relatively simple task, just cant figure it out... anybody done this a million times? Do the end caps come off? not really sure what exactly a flooded font has inside its guts

cheers, joel

DSC05327.JPG

DSC05328.JPG

Hey i recently bought a new second hand andale font, and need to change the beer lines... i thought it would be a relatively simple task, just cant figure it out... anybody done this a million times? Do the end caps come off? not really sure what exactly a flooded font has inside its guts

cheers, joel

Yes, the end caps come off.

Unscrew the base, and thread the new line through the base. I think the best form of attack is to tape the new to the old, and then unscrew at the font end and pull through. Then you can attach the new line to the font end.

I have done it, and it was a PITA.
They do screw off, the hardest part is getting the new line back onto the collet.
See here.

Good luck.

I know within tis an old thread but im trying do replace my lines.
I have the same font as the OP, by the end caps do you mean the ones at the end of the T and the one in the centre?

I've tried getting the ones at the end of the T and they won't budge, is there anything to loosen them?

Cheers

nvm worked it out

Latest posts

Back