• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Champaign Bottles For Sale (large Crown Seal)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good Dr.

Reaction score
I have about 200 - 300 champagne bottles that were new but got rained on.
To cap them you would have to buy the large crown caps and the large capping attachment (most capers have removable heads) or corks and corking gear.
I'm in Wagga right now, but I'm heading up to Sydney tomorrow (on the 20th).

These are dark green 750ml champagne bottles so they are designed to take much more pressure than normal beer bottles.

Is anyone interested in buying for $1 each?

I have about 200 - 300 champagne bottles that were new but got rained on.
To cap them you would have to buy the large crown caps and the large capping attachment (most capers have removable heads) or corks and corking gear.
I'm in Wagga right now, but I'm heading up to Sydney tomorrow (on the 20th).

These are dark green 750ml champagne bottles so they are designed to take much more pressure than normal beer bottles.

Is anyone interested in buying for $1 each?

A $ may be a bit over the top. I had a contact a while back where I had paid 55c for new ones. Bought a 100. Able to take more pressure is not much of a selling point unless you want to gas over 9 volumes, most beer would not go any higher than 3.5v a standard ale around 2.5v.

BYB

A $ may be a bit over the top. I had a contact a while back where I had paid 55c for new ones. Bought a 100. Able to take more pressure is not much of a selling point unless you want to gas over 9 volumes, most beer would not go any higher than 3.5v a standard ale around 2.5v.

BYB

I'm interested in about 5 dozen at 0.55

Cheers

Clint

I'm interested in about 5 dozen at 0.55

Cheers

Clint

I'm in S.A you are in N.S.W. May be a little expensive / difficult. The chap I bought some from last time had a whole pallet (900 odd) May not be anymore available at this time.

BYB

BYB
Just talking bottle prices in the Hunter, Winery I occasionally work at pays around $1.10 per bottle but they are very thick. The winemaker is the head wine maker for TAFE and he tells me although they are not rated for it the bottles can hold up to 90 PSI. Still after brewing my sisters bridal ale I would have quite happily paid $1 a bottle, champagne bottles are one of those things that you seem to either buy by the pallet or not at all when dealing with the glass merchants.

Prices from Plasdene by the pallet of around 900

AC-750-092-DAG 750ML ANTIQUE GREEN M/W CHAMPAGNE BOTTLE CROWN - 5 Volumes CO2 - $0.74
AC-750-189-AG 750ML ANTIQUE GREEN PREMIUM SPARKLING - CCS - 7 Volumes CO2 - $0.80

Prices from Plasdene by the pallet of around 900

AC-750-092-DAG 750ML ANTIQUE GREEN M/W CHAMPAGNE BOTTLE CROWN - 5 Volumes CO2 - $0.74
AC-750-189-AG 750ML ANTIQUE GREEN PREMIUM SPARKLING - CCS - 7 Volumes CO2 - $0.80

Bulk buy anyone?

Cheers SJ

BYB

Sydneyhappyhour said:
Just talking bottle prices in the Hunter, Winery I occasionally work at pays around $1.10 per bottle but they are very thick. The winemaker is the head wine maker for TAFE and he tells me although they are not rated for it the bottles can hold up to 90 PSI. Still after brewing my sisters bridal ale I would have quite happily paid $1 a bottle, champagne bottles are one of those things that you seem to either buy by the pallet or not at all when dealing with the glass merchants.

sorry about the weird pricing, i just checked on ebay here http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Home-Brew-beer-bott...e#ht_500wt_1154
and read this post on this forum by Clints Gadgets in http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...showtopic=46525 saying
"At the LHBS they are $15 for 12!"

So i just assumed a normal long neck sold for over $1 each, i thought i was giving everyone a good deal with bigger better quality bottles. Well with one person saying 55c and another saying $1.10 would 80c each be Ok with people?
And if anyone wants to buy them all I don't mind to drop the price. Note also that 40 bottles have been taken so theres 150-250 bottles left.

Back