Certifying and refilling co2 bottles in Brisbane help please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sillyboybrybry

Reaction score
Guys,

I am new to brewing and recently purchased a couple of second hand kegs.
The guy threw in an almost empty gas bottle that he said his local brewshop had said they couldn't refill as it was out of date. Pretty sure it is 6.8kg.
The bottle has air liquide stamped all over it and I have contacted them about refilling and certifying but they have said they dont refill owner bottles.
I have found a company that have said they will test the bottle for me but do not service the valve/tap. They have said my local brewshop can refill it and service it.
So I guess I am asking what do I do? I really want to get this bottle filled.
Is there a onestop shop somewhere that I can take this bottle and they can test and refill for me?
Is there a swap and go type system for co2 bottles? Can I do that with this bottle?

Any help greatly appreciated
Regards
Bryan

I get mine filled at Blazetech on the coast [ brisbane-labrador road] they check co2 bottles too. I have fibreglass lpg bottles for the boat and they test these as well.Possibly some scuba places may check bottles as well.

this mob do certifiying / valves etc and fill CO2 in moringside BNE

http://www.ozaquatec.com/

not sure about air liquide bottles but, it could be considered "stolen"
always worth asking but they have helped me out in the past

there is also a fir extinguisher mob on lytton road in morningside called Eversafe Extinguisher they do co2 as well

Maheel said:
this mob do certifiying / valves etc and fill CO2 in moringside BNE

http://www.ozaquatec.com/

not sure about air liquide bottles but, it could be considered "stolen"

I asked Air Liquide and they told me they were not interested in owner bottles. So I assume I own it?

Many thanks though I just rang these guys and they have given me some prices.

Did you tell them it has Air Liquide on the side? I didn't think they sold bottles, only rent them. Good luck with it anyhow.

browndog said:
Did you tell them it has Air Liquide on the side? I didn't think they sold bottles, only rent them. Good luck with it anyhow.
Yeah I told them. I called them and asked if they check and fill bottles. They asked if I was using it for home brew and I said yes. They then said they dont fill owner bottles. So i told them it had Air Liquide on the side and they said they still dont do owner bottles and suggested I use google!
All good I think I have it sorted now.
Many Thanks all.

Awesome. Let us know what it cost you to get the bottle and valve recertified.

Latest posts

Back