Ceos In 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
What is going on with CEOs of large companies these days? I believe the idea once upon a time was to reward them hansomely for increasing the profits for shareholders. It seems these days they want mega bonuses whether profits go up or not. I don't profess to understand everything that's going on at Qantas at the moment, but I have heard Qantas shareholders have not had any dividends for the past two years, but Joyce gets an extra two mil this year and he wont increase the groundies pay from $20 to $21 per hour....... he would rather wreck the company. Qantas was once a great Australian company, now thanks to a foreign CEO, it is moving 1/2 it's operations off shore and will be relying on dodgy maintenance. Buggered if I will ever fly with them again.

cheers

Browndog

You think that's bad...............You should see the goings on at my workplace....

well said. it looks like he is trying to kill qantas off for good. now he is grounding the whole airline until he gets his own way. not much of a way to run an airline in my opinion.

I hear your opinion is well regarded in industry.

I'm glad I offered it.

Those engineers at Qantas aren't exactly salivating over mounds of cash. They are very concerned. And putting jobs and careers on the line. Considering our country has been exporting jobs off shore for a while, I say these guys are very brave.

Those engineers at Qantas aren't exactly salivating over mounds of cash. They are very concerned. And putting jobs and careers on the line. Considering our country has been exporting jobs off shore for a while, I say these guys are very brave.

If the general public were aware of what it takes to keep an airliner safely flying though the skies while they watch thier movies and complain about the crappy service from the stewards they might appreciate the work the maintainers do a bit more. Any dipshit can run a company and sack staff and cut services and move operations off shore and make the bottom line look good to get their bonuses, it has been happening for too many years now. Think about that next time you are on hold or standing in a queue for 10 or 20 mins.

Heh, it's always love/hate between airworthiness staff and maintenance staff, the problem though is always management trying to squeeze too much. Without them figuring out how to sell our services, we won't have a job. But taking away the jobs is taking it way too far. Mr Joyce has lost touch with reality. You can only whack the camel so many times before it breaks.

It will be interesting to see how the green/independant/labor coalition deal with this, going off their track record, Qantas is going to crashand burn.

Well, trouble is, if the unions got their way, Qantas will demand legal protections for it's bottom line. That will cause increases in fares and that's going to be very very difficult to explain to the rest of the population that doesn't get much job protection by legal means. Catch 22 when you realize and try to correct decades of mistakes.

Alan Joyce use to be on the board of another airline,which no longer exists..QANTAS is going to end up the same way..

Well, trouble is, if the unions got their way, Qantas will demand legal protections for it's bottom line. That will cause increases in fares and that's going to be very very difficult to explain to the rest of the population that doesn't get much job protection by legal means. Catch 22 when you realize and try to correct decades of mistakes.

I bet there are a lot of ex Ansett guys laughing their heads off now.

Nonsense.

Joyce grew some balls today. It is a business, not a 'centre of excellence'.

Heh, considering Qantas contains the other half of that.... TAA.

Nonsense.

If Qantas went down, it would be an orchestrated dissection of the company, bought out in turn by it's former subsidiaries (now foreign owned/not bound by the industrial agreements in place at Qantas). They've been siphoning off Qantas into little pieces for a while I mean, Jetstar is a bloody sham. It's a cheaper Qantas.

If Qantas went down, it would be an orchestrated dissection of the company, bought out in turn by it's former subsidiaries (now foreign owned/not bound by the industrial agreements in place at Qantas). They've been siphoning off Qantas into little pieces for a while I mean, Jetstar is a bloody sham. It's a cheaper Qantas.

Problem is we hear all these claims for guaranteed payrises and guaranteed job protection. You would think there would be something offered in return - yet there has been no mention of anything the employees are offering for these greedy claims, other than just continuing to turn up!

Everyone deserves to know their job is not about to be pawned off to the lowest bidder at the next available opportunity.

Problem is we hear all these claims for guaranteed payrises and guaranteed job protection. You would think there would be something offered in return - yet there has been no mention of anything the employees are offering for these greedy claims, other than just continuing to turn up!

havnt heard of any qantas fully crashing lately ? so my guess is some one is doing more than just turning up .

wonder if any any of the close calls of late have anything to do with the enormous pressure/workload that these slack pricks that just turn up are under?

Nonsense.

he's got his 2 million extra, stuff the people that actually make the business run right!

Back