Celtic Red

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razE

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im starting a Celtic red beer today that im hoping will turn out similar to a kilkenny style beer, im using wyeast 1084 irish ale. I was thinking to ferment at around 21 degrees but am not 100% sure. If anyone can give me an advice i would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

Towards the top of the temperature range.
Depends what final flavour you are after.

I believe with this yeast lower temps 16 C will be dryer and cleaner 18 C and above gives a more fruity flavour from the esters.

Suggestion Google 'Wyeast 1084' for a much more detailed explanation.
Should be a good tasty brew when finished.
Cheers

Whats in the rest of the recipe? sounds interesting.

Thanks tropical brews, ill google it in a moment. I'm using one of Craft Brewers fresh wort kits which you can find here http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=1844 . There a little more expensive then your concentrates but you get quality AG wort and the results have been very impressive. Have not added anything extra as im not too sure what to expect this time around :p. Cant wait to get into AG brewing.

Hi razE,

I have one of these which I plan to be starting in a week or so. I'll be using a different yeast so i'm not much help on that front (s-04 @19C). Would you be able to post up your SG readings and what volume you make it to.

Cheers
Chris

Back