Celi Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmsy

Reaction score
I have a pair of celi tapps and love them only thing i do not like is that if i dont use them for a day or so they get stuck. Now i read some where that there is a way of keeping them "unstuck" just can not find it any where. Can any one give me some advice please

Syringe with hot water up the spout I think. search syringe maybe

I got a great photo of the celi at work on the party setup...

DSC_0028_resize.JPG

I have the same problem.
After a full dismantle and clean of both celi taps they are tending to stick. I thought food grade grease might help but was going to ask the same question before applying to the taps

I pop some Paraliq grease on my Celli rubbers when I re-assemble. It seems to greatly improve the sticking problem.

I had the same issue. Now I have a syringe to sqirt water up them after use...

Seems to work a treat....

I got a great photo of the celi at work on the party setup...

Great photo. I may use that as my wallpaper

I pop some Paraliq grease on my Celli rubbers when I re-assemble. It seems to greatly improve the sticking problem.

I might buy some in a couple weeks

I had the same issue. Now I have a syringe to sqirt water up them after use...

Seems to work a treat....

What type of syringe? And do you just pour water up the spout after you finish having a session?

Like this. 25ml syringe. Theres a little flush hole on the under side in front of the spout. The cup just catches the water as it is flushed thrugh. U can even use one hand and keep drinking too.
Never had a problem. Just do it after each session. I pull the tap apart every 2 or 3 kegs.
Tap_clean.jpg

I have a $10 bunnings 5 litre sprayer filled with sanitising solution, same process as with a syringe! Works wonders to keep the flies away as well.

Back