Cat Got Your Tongue ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My fingers's aren't really made of beer.

they just smell that way.

umm yeah does not sound like a great idea

Why the hell not?

The kid is human and has a survival instinct.

If not then maybe evolution should take it's course.

Nah seriously, kids are over coddled.

They grow up being "looked after", never learn any life lessons, and when anything goes wrong they blame everyone but themself. And we end up with a litigious society where no one takes any personal responsibility. Are we still on topic?

A bloke here recently got sh!tfaced, stumbled down on the subway, fell onto the rail and lost a leg thanks to the next train. The city pays a few million. Subway charge goes up. WTF? It's not like he was wandering along and accidentally stumbled onto an unmarked trail line. He was dexterous enough to swipe his card and make it through the turnstyle. Everyone knows that trains come on train tracks. Don't fall in. Why is the MTA responsible? Rant over.

Ill get her travelling but that sounds just a little to advanced for a 7 year old Maybe off to the temples of Angkor!

Ill get her travelling but that sounds just a little to advanced for a 7 year old Maybe off to the temples of Angkor!

Oh yea, teach her young to be a brainless jet-setter tourist who abuses the locals when they're not being spoon-fed by their personal guides .

Which leads me nicely into an answer for your earlier rhetorical question. I'm sure Cambodia 11 years ago is nothing like the Cambodia of today, the centres of Seim Reap & the Phnom Pehn riverside are bloated with westerners, and bars/restaurant (western catering) on every corner. Visiting Angkor today (or whenever you go), you may get a bit of a shock, there are thousands of dumbarse tourists (um like me!) poring over every stone as if looking for some spiritual experience, but can't understand why.

Interestingly, the Killing Fields out of PP are void of too many stoopid (or squemish) travellers :) There's an education in human kindness right there.

My suggested 'best destination' for a young traveller & her mum is somewhere a bit less affected by tourism. Yemen would be a challenge - and you would look great in a Burqa (eyes covered with grille, and full-length please, I'm trying to eat here).

Ah it feels good to be nasty to you. My guard had been let down momentarily.

Oh yea, teach her young to be a brainless jet-setter tourist who abuses the locals when they're not being spoon-fed by their personal guides .

Which leads me nicely into an answer for your earlier rhetorical question. I'm sure Cambodia 11 years ago is nothing like the Cambodia of today, the centres of Seim Reap & the Phnom Pehn riverside are bloated with westerners, and bars/restaurant (western catering) on every corner. Visiting Angkor today (or whenever you go), you may get a bit of a shock, there are thousands of dumbarse tourists (um like me!) poring over every stone as if looking for some spiritual experience, but can't understand why.

Interestingly, the Killing Fields out of PP are void of too many stoopid (or squemish) travellers :) There's an education in human kindness right there.

My suggested 'best destination' for a young traveller & her mum is somewhere a bit less affected by tourism. Yemen would be a challenge - and you would look great in a Burqa (eyes covered with grille, and full-length please, I'm trying to eat here).

Ha ha.... yes I did let my self lapse even mentioning my daughter in your'e presence I thought you let me off that one quite well... I have fond memories of Cambodia and would love to see again YES you are right I might be disappointed... As when I visited Angkor Wat there were only about 8 other people there... The Bayons and others had none... I was there just after Pol Pot died... Still even quite westernised at that stage...

Yemen would be interesting...Have they got a fun park???? I do know that Russia is on her list!

I was wondering when those artsy fartsy, lovey dovey , smoochy poochy posts between you two would end. :(

But I knew it wouldn`t be long :lol:

stagga.

YES you are right
That goes without saying. Of course I am. :D

You will be in for a shock if you go back to Seam Riep now. As for the main temple, there are HUNDREDS of wheeled-bag-owning five-star motherflockers all over the joint (well there were when I was there a year ago). To the point that you simply cannot even get a shot of the front gate if you're standing on the moat bridge, without dozens of fat ugly tourists polluting your photo.

Afghanistan has a great fun park, why don't you go to Kabul for a week? Please hurry, we want to ensure you get away without delay.

I'll keep an eye out for you on www.captured-she-slaves-for-sale.com in the 'budget' and 'second hand' section.

Good enough for ya, Stagga ?

and to think I nearly added you to my friends list ... :p

Add me, add me.
I`ll look after you Katie -_-
Bad Jase!

stagga.

So when does Butters have his grounding lifted by daddy & daddy anyway ? Although if it goes the way that Quantocks did after his crucifiction by Reg, I wouldnt blame him if he turned his back, or perhaps came on, deleted all his informative stuff, and gave AHB the almighty bird.

Come on back Butters, it appears that you have several ardent followers.

Hmmm, Katie sitting on Granndpa Stag's knee hey ? (that's an AHB moderator in the background, ensuring no funny business unfolds)

2007-11-SnowDay-BS.jpg

Mate, moderation is in progress via PM. The matter has been escalated to the Administrators at my request.

This is becoming a rough place these days, hey fellers ?

It is the view of the mods and admin that this topic has run it's course, and even it has gotten off topic of the off topic.

As such topic closed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back